Why do people dislike cats so much?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: Unfortunately, “Had” would be the word. But I have always taken interest in 'taming' a wild beasty, enjoying the challenge. It would be nice to have some of my animals with me again.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
They are selfish, stubborn, inconsiderate, and generally rotten.

Cats are evil!

They run off for days at a time without giving any consideration to their poor owners who worry about them constantly. Then they just show up like nothing ever happened. Of course they are hungry, demanding, dirty, and expecting all of your attention. Its like having teenagers that never grow up.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan, i would not think you capable of hate, but cats are like women
they are ok until they get their claws in.

Miss Bun is "in the doghouse", I take it?

:biggrin:

Just attach GPS units to them. :biggrin:

Miss Zoobie ran off and had us both worried sick. She had never been gone this long before and we were thinking the worst when she was still not home this morning. Then she just came walking in and *****ing up a storm!

We are in no mood to lose anymore animals for a while...though Einstein is over 14 years old now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

We really need Bun and Zoobie to stay happy and healthy.

How old is Zoobie now, may I ask?

Evo said:

I'm sure that's coming! :rofl: RFID tags are already used.

A somewhat related thought: There was guy here in town that sewed some hunting dog transmitters into his daughter's jackets. The idea was that if they were ever in trouble or lost they could activate the transponder.

I keep threatening to make a kitty cam so we can see where they go and what they see. That might be interesting for a time. Of course, how long can you watch mousy torture? And what about the close ups of eating them dead things! :yuck:

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
How old is Zoobie now, may I ask?

Wow I'm not even sure. I think about 10 months? Tsu will know.

Ivan Seeking said:

Cats are evil!

They run off for days at a time without giving any consideration to their poor owners who worry about them constantly. Then they just show up like nothing ever happened. Of course they are hungry, demanding, dirty, and expecting all of your attention. Its like having teenagers that never grow up.
Yes, but you’re not looking at this from the proper perspective (the cat’s). Cats are the end result of millions of years of breeding, they are sleek, sexy, powerful, and certainly what the universe is all about. When a cat disappears for days at a time it is beneficial to their servant/pet humans for several reasons; first, it establishes who ‘wears the pants’. Second, it teaches just how much ‘master’ is really needed if those silly emotional feelings we ‘lower life forms’ require for happiness are to be obtained. Third, shut up about additional reasons, feed me, stroke me, clean my urine off your walls, respect your superiors, and above all BE GRATEFUL !

BoulderHead said:
Yes, but you’re not looking at this from the proper perspective (the cat’s). Cats are the end result of millions of years of breeding, they are sleek, sexy, powerful, and certainly what the universe is all about. When a cat disappears for days at a time it is beneficial to their servant/pet humans for several reasons; first, it establishes who ‘wears the pants’. Second, it teaches just how much ‘master’ is really needed if those silly emotional feelings we ‘lower life forms’ require for happiness are to be obtained. Third, shut up about additional reasons, feed me, stroke me, clean my urine off your walls, respect your superiors, and above all BE GRATEFUL !
Ah. :smile: You HAVE a cat!. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Zoobie is about a year old now, I believe. She came to us in November '03 and she was about three months old at that time (the Vet said).

Ivan Seeking said:

Cats are evil!

I also hate cats. You can pet a cat, and it's purring happily, and you think everything is all cool. Then *WHOOSH*, the little %#^#@$^ takes a swipe at you.

I think that all cats should belong to Mr. Schrodinger.

Tsunami said:
Ah. :smile: You HAVE a cat!. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Zoobie is about a year old now, I believe. She came to us in November '03 and she was about three months old at that time (the Vet said).
Unfortunately, “Had” would be the word. But I have always taken interest in 'taming' a wild beasty, enjoying the challenge. It would be nice to have some of my animals with me again.

Cats are awesome, as long as they're indoor cats. Outdoor cats are icky.

I have found a single male Tom (with all his gear) to make a warm companion provided other cats are not about to distract him.

Tsunami said:

Ah HAH! So she IS a teenager! :biggrin:

BoulderHead said:
I have found a single male Tom (with all his gear) to make a warm companion provided other cats are not about to distract him.

I didn't know you and Tom were roommates! :rofl:

Evo said:

I'll remember that when I get a girlfriend.

Math Is Hard said:
I didn't know you and Tom were roommates! :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
That's one 'alley cat' I might allow for an exception concerning the need to leave all the 'gear' intact. :biggrin:

BoulderHead said:
:rofl: :rofl:
That's one 'alley cat' I might allow for an exception concerning the need to leave all the 'gear' intact. :biggrin:
I am sure Tom would be most greatful. :biggrin:

BoulderHead, I haven't seen you for awhile.

cats are evil and everyone knows it. We all saw all dogs go to heaven right, now where did the cats go?

DarkAnt said:
cats are evil and everyone knows it. We all saw all dogs go to heaven right, now where did the cats go?

anywhere they darn well please! :biggrin:
(right, Ivan?)

i know all about cats...my 4 month old kitten sofie is a viscious player who likes to hide behind the corner and wait for someone to walk past her so she can jump 2 feet in the air, claws spread out and ready to bite legs...once she is pooped out, she is full of love and purrs however...

BoulderHead, I haven't seen you for awhile.
I wasn't getting proper attention at PF so I checked into a hospital. :redface: :biggrin:

Congratulations on your promotion to Mentorship, Evo!

Cats are magnificent animals :smile: (Well, I think mine is at least, it's nice and cuddly and (almost) never schratches me. :biggrin: )

Grizzly, what's your cat's name? Is it as interesting as your screen name? I give my cats T.S. Eliot style monikers like Maya Papaya and Jellyroll Jambalaya.

BoulderHead said:
I wasn't getting proper attention at PF so I checked into a hospital. :redface: :biggrin:

Oh, are we calling your special place with the nice men in white suits The Hospital again. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Math Is Hard said:
Grizzly, what's your cat's name? Is it as interesting as your screen name? I give my cats T.S. Eliot style monikers like Maya Papaya and Jellyroll Jambalaya.

My cat's name is Shila. Not quite as interesting as your cats' names I suppose, but I like it :approve:

BoulderHead said:
I will give you proper attention! :smile: I missed you!

BoulderHead said:
Congratulations on your promotion to Mentorship, Evo!
Thank you.

Grizzlycomet said:
My cat's name is Shila. Not quite as interesting as your cats' names I suppose, but I like it :approve:

I think Shila is a very pretty name. :smile: It is unique.

Evo said:
I will give you proper attention! :smile: I missed you!

Thank you.

:redface: :redface: :shy: :redface: :shy: :redface: :smile:

I also hate cats. You can pet a cat, and it's purring happily, and you think everything is all cool. Then *WHOOSH*, the little %#^#@$^ takes a swipe at you.

I agree.

I don't get why anyone would say a cat is better than a dog as a pet.

Ivan Seeking said:
I hate cats ! They are selfish, stubborn, inconsiderate, and generally rotten.

Cats are evil!

True...reminds me of Macavity ! But your "eternal teenager" theory is plain wrong. They're scheming evildoers.

Macavity, Macavity, there's no one like Macavity,
For he's a fiend in feline shape, a monster of depravity.

They run off for days at a time without giving any consideration to their poor owners who worry about them constantly.

You may seek him in the basement, you may look up in the air -
But I tell you once and once again, Macavity's not there!

Then they just show up like nothing ever happened.

There never was a Cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.

and take note, physicists:

He's broken every human law, he breaks the law of gravity.

Dagenais said:
I agree.

I don't get why anyone would say a cat is better than a dog as a pet.

A dog is too predictible. It will never surprise you, because it always tries to satisfy the human by behaving exactly the way it is supposed to.

A cat is independent, and some people might prefer that. I do.

I also believe cats are more clever than dogs. My most intelligent pet was a cat.

Last edited:
I had an acquaintance that hated cats because they were so loud, so he mistreated and killed them back and forth to school :(