Pain from X-Ray? Dr. Gregory Greenman Answers

• Medical
  • Thread starter Mhints
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pain X-ray
In summary, you may have pulled a muscle from the pain from the X-ray. You should consult a medical doctor to find out for sure.
Mhints
Morbius said:
Absolute,

It all depends on how big the dose is. A big enough radiation dose takes out the nervous system
and you die almost immediately.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

Dear Dr. Greenman,

I have a question wherefor I do not find the way how to post it on the forum.
It is related to radioactivity;:

I had to lett taken a X-ray from my longs.
When the machine made a grumpy noise, the picture got taken, but at that instant suddenly the whole side of my chest was sor(the chestside face-ing the positioned was suddenly in pain). I wonder now, few years later, what caused the pain, and if the reason could have bin a high dose of radiation? It has hurd perhaps couple of days.

Sicerely yours to help me find the legal answer to this hospital question. I am from Belgium,
and my name is Dirk Jacques Gielen.(Not Dirk Gielen)

Biology news on Phys.org

Mhints said:
Dear Dr. Greenman,

I have a question wherefor I do not find the way how to post it on the forum.
It is related to radioactivity;:

I had to lett taken a X-ray from my longs.
When the machine made a grumpy noise, the picture got taken, but at that instant suddenly the whole side of my chest was sor(the chestside face-ing the positioned was suddenly in pain). I wonder now, few years later, what caused the pain, and if the reason could have bin a high dose of radiation? It has hurd perhaps couple of days.

Sicerely yours to help me find the legal answer to this hospital question. I am from Belgium,
and my name is Dirk Jacques Gielen.(Not Dirk Gielen)

Sounds like you pulled a muscle. What position were you in for the X-ray?

Your thread was moved from the wrong forum.

We do not diagnose people online. You should consult a medical doctor.

1. What causes pain from an X-ray?

There are several possible causes of pain from an X-ray, including the positioning of the body during the procedure, compression of the body part being imaged, and underlying medical conditions that may make the area more sensitive to pressure or movement.

2. Is it normal to experience pain during an X-ray?

Some patients may experience mild discomfort or pressure during an X-ray, but it is not normal to experience significant pain. If you are experiencing pain during the procedure, be sure to communicate with your technician so they can make adjustments to minimize discomfort.

3. How long does the pain from an X-ray last?

The duration of pain from an X-ray can vary depending on the individual and the reason for the procedure. In most cases, any pain or discomfort should subside shortly after the X-ray is complete. However, if you continue to experience pain, it is important to follow up with your doctor.

4. Can an X-ray cause long-term pain?

In rare cases, an X-ray may cause long-term pain if there is an underlying issue that is aggravated by the procedure. This is more likely in patients who already have chronic pain or musculoskeletal conditions. If you are concerned about long-term pain from an X-ray, speak with your doctor.

5. How can I reduce pain during an X-ray?

To reduce pain during an X-ray, make sure to communicate with your technician about any discomfort you are experiencing. They may be able to adjust your positioning or provide additional support to minimize pain. Taking deep breaths and staying as relaxed as possible can also help reduce discomfort during the procedure.

Back