How do i mark my question as solved?

• Thread starter hermy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the removal of the "mark as solved" feature in the homework section of the forum. The option to edit the thread title is suggested as an alternative method for indicating that a doubt has been cleared. The reason for the removal is attributed to a forum software upgrade, and it is mentioned that the staff believes the feature is useful but currently cannot be implemented.
hermy
hi

I had asked a doubt in the homework section. The doubt has been cleared. How do I mark it as solved? There was no such button in the thread tools menu.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can just post that it's solved.

Didn't there used to be an option under `thread tools'?

NeoDevin said:
Didn't there used to be an option under `thread tools'?
Yes,there was.

Evo said:
Yes,there was.

It's gone?

It's been a while since I posted homework problems.

I still have the option, but I thought it had been removed for members in one of the upgrades, do you have it as an option?

Evo said:
I still have the option, but I thought it had been removed for members in one of the upgrades, do you have it as an option?

'Mark as solved' doesn't exist any more. The mentor method is to edit the thread title, which isn't available to other members.

Why was it removed? I always thought it was a useful feature. When I'm scanning the homework forums, it helps to narrow down the ones who still need help. (not everyone uses it, but a little is better than none)

NeoDevin said:
Why was it removed? I always thought it was a useful feature. When I'm scanning the homework forums, it helps to narrow down the ones who still need help. (not everyone uses it, but a little is better than none)

The forum software was upgraded a while back and this feature was not available on the new version. I think the staff all agree that it's a useful feature, but it just isn't possible to implement at this time (or, at least that's the last I heard from Greg about it).

Good to know.

1. How do I mark my question as solved?

To mark your question as solved, you can either edit your original question and add "[Solved]" to the title, or you can click the "Mark as Solved" button located under the answer that helped you the most.

2. Can I mark my question as solved after it has been answered?

Yes, you can mark your question as solved at any time after it has been answered. You can also mark multiple answers as helpful if they all contributed to solving your question.

3. What if I marked my question as solved, but I still need help?

If you marked your question as solved but still need further assistance, you can always edit your question and remove the "[Solved]" tag from the title. This will make your question visible to others who may be able to provide additional help.

4. Can other users mark my question as solved?

No, only the person who asked the question can mark it as solved. However, other users can suggest that an answer be marked as helpful by clicking the "Helpful" button under the answer.

5. Will marking my question as solved affect my reputation or points on the site?

No, marking your question as solved will not affect your reputation or points on the site. It simply helps other users know that your question has been resolved and may help someone else who has a similar issue in the future.