Help with Latex: Delta O Squared Error

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter LostConjugate
  • Start date
In summary, the user has encountered an issue with their latex code, where no matter what they type in, they get the same result (delta O squared). They realize that it is only in preview that the code shows up incorrectly, and suspect it may be due to a caching issue. They suggest trying a different browser or refreshing the page, which has worked for them. They also mention that this topic may be better suited for another forum.
LostConjugate
Seems like no matter what laytex code I type in, I get the same result delta O squared. Strange. Even if I type \sigma

[tex]\sigma[/tex]

Edit. Oh. Looks like its only in preview that it shows up wrong. Why is that?

latex that is :)

Physics news on Phys.org
I've had some issues with my browser incorrectly caching the images during preview. If I paste the preview image url in another browser I get the correct image. I'm guessing there's a setting that's wrong. In any case I think this fits better in another forum but that's just me :)

[tex]\Delta[/tex] Oh yea works in IE. Thanks.

Also works if you press "refresh" (as opposed to pressing "Preview" again). :wink:

1. What is Latex?

Latex is a typesetting language used for creating professional-looking documents, such as scientific papers, reports, and presentations. It is based on the TeX typesetting system and is widely used in the academic and scientific community.

2. What is Delta O Squared Error?

Delta O Squared Error, also known as mean squared error, is a measure of the overall difference between the predicted values and the actual values in a dataset. It is calculated by taking the square of the difference between each data point and the predicted value, and then averaging those values.

3. How can I use Latex to display Delta O Squared Error in my document?

To display Delta O Squared Error in Latex, you can use the \Delta symbol and the subscript 0^2 to represent the squared error. For example, \Delta_0^2 will display the Delta O Squared Error in your document.

4. Can I customize the appearance of Delta O Squared Error in Latex?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of Delta O Squared Error in Latex by using various fonts, sizes, and colors. You can also use mathematical symbols and equations to represent the error in a more visually appealing way.

5. Are there any packages or templates available for displaying Delta O Squared Error in Latex?

Yes, there are several packages and templates available for displaying Delta O Squared Error in Latex, such as the "amsmath" package and the "IEEEtran" template. These resources provide predefined commands and formatting options for easily displaying the error in your document.