Fix Latex Trouble w/ Duplicate Text - Physics Forums

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter DEMJ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with using latex to create a new thread on a forum. The user is experiencing repeated latex code from a previous thread and a bug with the preview button. The solution is to refresh the browser after previewing the post.
DEMJ
I just made a thread here https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=399124 and now whenever I try to use latex to create a new thread I get the same latex stuff from this thread I linked. Here for example

[tex]lol[/tex] [tex]a^2[/tex] [tex]\sup[/tex] [tex]hi how are you[/tex] and what I typed for each one is [.tex]lol[/tex] [.tex]a^2[/tex] [.tex]\sup[/tex] [.tex]hi how are you[/tex] (without the dots of course). So why is it repeating the same things from my previous thread? I tried restarting my computer and logging in and out but it still does it. Help me fix this please.

Edit: Hmm now after submitting this thread I see that my preview button is bugged because it did not look like this when I was previewing it before I posted it. Anyways, could you tell me how to fix my buggy preview button?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi DEMJ! :smile:

This is a general defect in the preview facility (it's been around for a couple of weeks) … preview shows whatever latex is in your cache, but the final post is still correct.

The solution is to press Refresh on your browser after pressing Preview. :wink:

1. What is the cause of duplicate text in Latex?

The most common cause of duplicate text in Latex is accidentally including the same text twice in the document. This can happen if you copy and paste text without realizing that it was already included, or if you use a command that inadvertently repeats the same text.

2. How can I fix duplicate text in Latex?

To fix duplicate text in Latex, you will need to carefully review your document and identify where the duplicate text is occurring. Once you have located it, simply delete one of the instances of the text. You may also need to check any commands or packages you are using to ensure that they are not causing the duplication.

3. Can duplicate text impact the accuracy of my Latex document?

In most cases, duplicate text will not impact the accuracy of your Latex document. However, it can make your document look cluttered and unprofessional. It is always best to remove any duplicate text to ensure the overall quality of your document.

4. Is there a tool or shortcut to help identify duplicate text in Latex?

There is no specific tool or shortcut to identify duplicate text in Latex, but you can use the "Find" function in the editor you are using to search for specific words or phrases. This can help you quickly identify where duplicate text may be occurring in your document.

5. How can I prevent duplicate text in Latex in the future?

To prevent duplicate text in Latex, it is important to carefully review your document before compiling it. Make sure to check any commands or packages you are using, and be cautious when copying and pasting text. You can also use version control to keep track of changes and avoid accidentally repeating the same text.