Need help pls help is about stepping motor

• Thread starter billy49
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, to determine the number of steps or pulses required to move the table by 1000 mm in half step operation, you will need to calculate the number of steps per revolution based on the step angle of 1.8 degrees and then use this value to determine the required stepping rate in steps per second. For full step operation, you will need to calculate the stepping rate in terms of revolutions per minute and then use the screw pitch of 5mm/rev to determine the number of revolutions required to move the table by 1000 mm.
billy49
Determine the number of steps or pulses required to move the table by 1000 mm in half step operation.

Determine the required stepping rate (pps) to drive the table at 6000 mm/min in full step operation

Please help

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is obviously homework, so you should show some work and an attempt at a solution if you want us to help. It isn't ethical for us to do your homework for you.

o i know what you mean, but can i have some hint how to do it?

How many steps per revolution on the motor?

1.8 step angle
pitch is 5mm/rev
100 times mirco-stepping

thanks

1.8 step angle
pitch is 5mm/rev
100 times mirco-stepping
pulse signal 2000

thanks[/QUOTE]

Well, it seems to me you have everything you need.

1. Find number of steps per revolution using your degrees per step value.
  2. Calculate steps/s for a certain rpm (using either your original degrees per step value or steps per revolution).
  3. calculate number of revolutions required to move a certain distance using your screw pitch.

Last edited:

1. What is a stepping motor?

A stepping motor is an electromechanical device that converts electrical pulses into mechanical movement. It is commonly used in applications that require precise positioning and control.

2. How does a stepping motor work?

A stepping motor works by receiving electrical pulses from a controller. These pulses cause the motor to rotate a fixed amount, called a step. By controlling the number and frequency of pulses, the motor can be accurately controlled and moved.

3. What are the advantages of using a stepping motor?

Stepping motors have several advantages, including precise control and positioning, high torque at low speeds, and the ability to hold a position without using power. They are also relatively simple and inexpensive compared to other types of motors.

4. What are the different types of stepping motors?

There are three main types of stepping motors: permanent magnet (PM) motors, variable reluctance (VR) motors, and hybrid motors. Each type has its own unique characteristics and is suitable for different applications.

5. How do I choose the right stepping motor for my application?

When choosing a stepping motor, you should consider factors such as the required torque, speed, and accuracy, as well as the operating environment and budget. It is also important to select a motor with compatible drivers and controllers for optimal performance.