Cooling of suzuki 800cc engine

• Automotive
  • Thread starter SanchitAgrawa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cooling Engine
In summary, the person is looking for suggestions on using two radiators instead of one for cooling a Maruti Suzuki 800cc engine due to limited space for a competition called SUPRASAE 2012. They mention the heat dissipation and flow rate of the original radiator, and are considering using two Kawasaki Ninja 250R radiators with a heat dissipation capacity of 23 kW each. They also ask for advice on whether the radiators should be in series or parallel. They are currently in a similar situation and want to know how the person arrived at the specifications for heat dissipation rate, coolant flow rate, and speed.
SanchitAgrawa
I want to use 2 radiators instead of a single radiator for cooling a maruti suzuki 800cc engine. The reason? we are participating in SUPRASAE 2012 and our space for the radiator is limited(we can't accommodate the 300*335 mm radiators but we can accommodate two radiators within 200*300 mm). Can anyone please suggest?
Heat dissipation by the original radiator = 45.126 kW
Flow rate of coolant= 0.922 kg/s
Velocity of the coolant = 0.8 m/s
We were thinking of 2 kawasaki ninja 250R radiators each with a heat dissipation capacity of approx. 23 kW.
Also if 2 radiators are used, should they be in series or parallel?

Engineering news on Phys.org
i am too stuck in a similar situation..have u arrived at any conclusion yet?
& how did u decide the specification u stated..like the heat dissipation rate, coolant flow rate, speed..?:confused::confused:

1. What is the optimal temperature range for cooling a suzuki 800cc engine?

The optimal temperature range for cooling a suzuki 800cc engine is typically between 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit. This range allows for efficient engine operation without causing damage to the engine components.

2. How does the cooling system of a suzuki 800cc engine work?

The cooling system of a suzuki 800cc engine works by circulating coolant (usually a mixture of water and antifreeze) through the engine block and cylinder head. The coolant absorbs heat from the engine and is then pumped to the radiator where it is cooled before returning to the engine.

3. What are the signs of a cooling system problem in a suzuki 800cc engine?

Signs of a cooling system problem in a suzuki 800cc engine may include overheating, coolant leaks, low coolant levels, and a decrease in engine performance. It is important to address these issues promptly to prevent potential engine damage.

4. Can I use just water as coolant in my suzuki 800cc engine?

No, it is not recommended to use just water as coolant in a suzuki 800cc engine. Water does not have the necessary additives to protect the engine from corrosion and can freeze at low temperatures. It is important to use a mixture of water and antifreeze specifically designed for engines.

5. How often should I replace the coolant in my suzuki 800cc engine?

It is recommended to replace the coolant in your suzuki 800cc engine every 2-3 years or every 30,000 miles, whichever comes first. This will help maintain the proper functioning of the cooling system and prevent any potential issues.