Samsung tablet not 'cool' says UK judge

In summary, Samsung has won a UK High Court case against Apple over the design of their tablet computers. The case was brought by Apple, alleging that Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10 infringed the design of their iPad. However, Judge Colin Birss disagreed, stating that the Galaxy Tab was not as "cool" as the iPad and few would confuse the two. The judge's ruling has caused some controversy, with some arguing that the Samsung tablet is actually better value and others defending the superiority of Apple products.
2AlphaMales?!
Samsung has won a UK High Court case against Apple over the design of the firms' respective tablet computers.

Apple brought the case alleging that Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10 infringed the design of its iPad.

Judge Colin Birss disagreed saying Apple's designs were not being infringed because Samsung's Galaxy Tab was not as "cool" as the iPad.

As a result, he said, few would confuse the two even though they appeared superficially similar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18773690

So apparently Samsung hasn't violated Apple's iPad patents. I beg to differ with the judge's ruling however in that the Samsung is much better value (cooler) than the iPad...as with all Apple products IIRC. If, however, "coolness" is often equated with "stupidity", then I could be mistaken. Maybe not the right forum but it is about the design of the product so...

Engineering news on Phys.org
You would honestly take a Windows-burner over a Mac?! Fie on thee! Those things are as useless at teats on a nun.

I'm off to help my new portuguese housemate buy a lappy from ARGOS tomoz. Looking at around £200. It ain't a i(mage)Mac(tm).

His loss.

Not financially. Or in terms of availabal software, or compatibility with the majority of data processing technology, for that matter.

1. What did the UK judge say about Samsung tablets not being "cool"?

The UK judge stated in a recent court case that Samsung tablets are "not as cool" as Apple's iPads.

2. Why did the UK judge make this statement?

The judge made this statement in response to a lawsuit filed by Apple against Samsung for patent infringement. The judge was comparing the design of the two companies' tablets and stated that Samsung's design was not as "distinctive" and "cool" as Apple's.

3. How did Samsung respond to the judge's statement?

Samsung expressed disappointment with the judge's statement and argued that their products are innovative and unique in their own right.

4. Will this statement affect Samsung's sales?

It is unlikely that this statement will have a significant impact on Samsung's sales. While Apple and Samsung are competitors in the tablet market, there are many other factors that influence consumers' purchasing decisions.

5. Is this statement from the judge legally binding?

No, this statement is not legally binding. It was made as part of a court case and is the judge's personal opinion. It does not hold any authority over Samsung or its products.