Electrical Engineering project ideas

How about ways to improve the efficiency of solar panels. One way might be to place a larger fresnel lens over the the solar panel, not focused to a point but to the size of the panel. A couple of disadvantages, the panel may have to be submerged in a non-conductive liquid to keep it cool and the whole arrangement would have to track the sun. Can you think of other solutions?In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a final year electrical engineering project related to solar energy or other renewable sources. One suggestion is to improve the efficiency of solar panels by using a larger fresnel lens and submerging the panel in a non-conductive liquid. Other solutions are also mentioned, such as building a real microinverter and
encoder007
Hello everyone, i need some ideas for my final year electrical engineering project. Any new ideas related to solar energy or other renewable sources? Thank you for your time.

Engineering news on Phys.org
How about ways to improve the efficiency of solar panels. One way might be to place a larger fresnel lens over the the solar panel, not focused to a point but to the size of the panel. A couple of disadvantages, the panel may have to be submerged in a non-conductive liquid to keep it cool and the whole arrangement would have to track the sun. Can you think of other solutions?

encoder007 said:
Hello everyone, i need some ideas for my final year electrical engineering project. Any new ideas related to solar energy or other renewable sources? Thank you for your time.

Building a real microinverter + PV panel is pretty challenging, and a very real-world project.

Here's an Idea.

GreenhouseTurbineGenerator.JPG

Hello! I would suggest exploring the use of solar energy in powering small electronic devices or developing a more efficient solar panel design. Other ideas could include creating a smart grid system that integrates renewable energy sources, designing a renewable energy storage system, or developing a renewable energy monitoring and management system. You could also consider exploring the use of renewable energy in transportation, such as electric vehicles or charging stations powered by solar energy. I hope these ideas help inspire your project!

1. What is an electrical engineering project?

An electrical engineering project is a task or experiment that involves the application of principles and concepts in the field of electrical engineering. It typically involves designing, building, and testing electrical systems or devices to solve a specific problem or achieve a certain goal.

2. How do I come up with ideas for an electrical engineering project?

There are several ways to come up with ideas for an electrical engineering project. You can start by identifying a problem or challenge that you want to solve, or by exploring current trends and advancements in the field. You can also seek inspiration from your own interests or hobbies, or by brainstorming with fellow engineers or professors.

3. What are some examples of electrical engineering projects?

Some examples of electrical engineering projects include designing and building a solar-powered car, creating a smart home system, developing a new medical device, or improving the efficiency of an existing electrical system. Other examples could include designing a renewable energy system, developing a new communication technology, or creating a robotic arm.

4. How do I choose the right electrical engineering project?

When choosing an electrical engineering project, it is important to consider your skills, interests, and available resources. You should also make sure the project aligns with your academic or career goals. Additionally, consider the potential impact and feasibility of the project, as well as any ethical or safety considerations.

5. What are the important factors to consider when planning an electrical engineering project?

When planning an electrical engineering project, some important factors to consider include the project timeline, budget, required materials and equipment, design considerations, testing procedures, and potential risks or challenges. It is also important to establish clear goals and objectives for the project and to regularly communicate and collaborate with team members or advisors.