Need refrence book for electrical engineering

In summary, the conversation is about a student who is struggling with their current prescribed book for electrical engineering fundamentals. They are looking for recommendations for a new book that includes SI units, has a lot of example problems, simple explanations, proofs of theorems, correct understanding of terms, end-of-book solutions, and conceptual problems. Some suggested books are the Electronics Technology Fundamentals by Paynter/Boydell and The Art of Electronics by Horowitz/Hill.
Alpharup
My university is currently prescribing Vincent Del Toro book for electrical engineering fundamentals. I have read few chapters in the book but I don't think I can understand advanced theories from it... I don't understand the proof of superposition, delta to star conversions and so on.(I don't think he has given a proof!)...Iam lagging behind in my class.
Can someone prescribe an electrical engineering fundamentals book used in first semester...
The book should;
1.Use SI units..
2.Have lot of example problems.
3.Explanation should be simple yet not avoiding concepts.(Like Halliday Resnick in physics)..
4.Should have proofs of theorems discussed.
5.Should correctly make us understand the terms like 'short circuit,' open circuit' and so on.
6.Should have end of the book solutions to all the problems. This is because I want to check whether my method and calculations are right.
7.Should have a lot of conceptual problems.

I think the Vincent Del Toro book lacks all these...Please suggest me some books

Engineering news on Phys.org
electronics technology fundamentals (conventional flow edition)
paynter/ boydell

also, the art of electronics (horowitz/hill) comes highly recommended here for any level of study

1. What are the essential topics covered in a reference book for electrical engineering?

A reference book for electrical engineering usually covers topics such as circuit theory, electromagnetism, power systems, electronic devices, and control systems. It may also include information on computer-aided design (CAD) software and programming languages used in the field.

2. Can you recommend a specific reference book for beginners in electrical engineering?

Some popular reference books for beginners in electrical engineering include "Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis" by J. David Irwin and "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan R. Hambley. It is important to choose a book that aligns with your specific interests and goals in the field.

3. Are there any reference books that cover both theory and practical applications in electrical engineering?

Yes, there are many reference books that cover both theoretical concepts and practical applications in electrical engineering. Some examples include "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles K. Alexander and Matthew N.O. Sadiku and "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan R. Hambley.

4. Is it necessary to have a reference book in addition to course textbooks for electrical engineering?

Having a reference book in addition to course textbooks can be very helpful in understanding complex concepts and reinforcing knowledge. Reference books often provide more in-depth explanations and examples, making them a valuable resource for students in electrical engineering.

5. Are there any online resources that can be used as a reference for electrical engineering?

Yes, there are many online resources available for electrical engineering, including reference books in digital format. Some popular websites for electrical engineering references include IEEE Xplore, ScienceDirect, and Google Scholar. Additionally, many universities offer online libraries with access to various reference materials.