Can you beat the world champion's speed reading record?

• Thread starter Hierophant
  • Start date
In summary: I first took this test yesterday (I think) and scored about 400. Just now I scored 283 :redface:. At this rate, I'll be like a third grader tomorrow. Two days after that I'll be an... eighth grader.
Caveat said:
lmao that was a wild guess, I'm an average reader
:rofl:
I meant crop the picture not the post...picture was exceeding the post frame.

Physics news on Phys.org
lol yeah I know but it would have been deleted anyways because I was just being silly.. I couldn't read 3000 wpm if my life depended on it

Mandelbroth said:
Amoebae don't have finals to worry about. :tongue:

I feel like this would be the biggest upside. :D

Around 840wpm for me, 3/3 correct (843 on the first test, 837 on the second).

First try, I got 245...the writing was different from what I'm used to so I read a little slower. The second try, I got 331.

Evo said:
. . .I guess considering I have mild OCD and need to make sense of things. It made no sense. Eh, I read for pleasure, not for speed.

I have severe OCD and sometimes compulsively reread sentences ten or fifteen times. It helps me memorize the material, though. :D

I got 4WPM. Oh oops - forgot to read the directions, takes too long... this took 6 minutes to write and then check...

You read 10,540 words per minute.
That makes you 4,116% faster than the national average.

That's because I clicked finish right away, I immediately recognized the passage, all three questions were right.

When I do it for reals I get 230 wpm, I guess I appreciate reading comprehension more than the swiftness of reading.