How do I run the ChemLab.HP program on my HP 48gII calculator?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter 1123581321
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculator
In summary, the person is trying to upload a chemistry app (named ChemLab.HP) to their HP 48gII calculator, but is having trouble running the program. They found the program online and are frustrated with the process. Another person suggests loading it as a library, but the original person has already tried that. They eventually figure out how to run the program with the help of the user's guide.
I'm not sure where exactly to put this, but here goes,
I am trying to upload a chemistry app to my HP 48gII calculator, i get it on the calc, but i don't know how to run the program. I am no IT guy, i just want to run the app. the program is called ChemLab.HP . I found the program @ http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/science/chemistry/ so you can see it. Very frustrating :grumpy: :cry: :mad: :frown: :confused: :eek:

Fibonacci

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried loading it as a library, as you do most binary packages like ChemLab? I don't have a 49g beside me (only a 48gx), but there should be a library button somewhere on your calculator.

graphic7 said:
Have you tried loading it as a library, as you do most binary packages like ChemLab? I don't have a 49g beside me (only a 48gx), but there should be a library button somewhere on your calculator.

There is a libarary button, and chemlab is 'stored' under :0:, and is listed as a library file already.

Looks like a job for users guide...
i hate thinking

Fibonacci

Nevermind, got it working, the instructions given to me by the ChemLab program were not right for my calc, so i tried the users guide and its instructions were good, but thanks anyway.

Fibonacci

yay problem solved

What are the basic functions of a calculator?

A basic calculator typically has the four basic arithmetic operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Some calculators also have additional functions such as square root, percentage, and exponentiation.

How do I use the memory function on a calculator?

To use the memory function on a calculator, press the "M+" button to store a number in the memory. To recall the number, press the "MR" button. Some calculators also have options to add, subtract, or clear the memory.

What is the order of operations on a calculator?

The order of operations on a calculator is the same as in mathematics: Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division (from left to right), and Addition and Subtraction (from left to right). Some calculators also have the option to use parentheses for complex calculations.

How do I switch between degrees and radians on a calculator?

To switch between degrees and radians on a calculator, look for the "MODE" button. Pressing this button will allow you to change the angle measurement mode. Look for "DEG" for degrees and "RAD" for radians. Choose the appropriate mode and then perform your calculation.

What do I do if my calculator is displaying an error message?

If your calculator is displaying an error message, it could be due to a few reasons. First, check if you have entered the numbers correctly. If you are using parentheses, make sure they are in the correct places. If you are performing a calculation with fractions or decimals, make sure you are using the correct format. If none of these solutions work, refer to your calculator's manual for troubleshooting tips or contact the manufacturer for assistance.