Create a Reaction Test Circuit with LED and Electric Shock Feature

In summary, the conversation revolved around designing a reaction test circuit that would shock the slowest player. The circuit involved a LED and a relay connected to a device that would administer the shock. The main concern was how to prevent the fastest player from getting shocked and what the appropriate current and voltage levels for the shock should be. Suggestions were given to use a positive reinforcement instead of a painful punishment, and the conversation ended with a joke about giving out chocolate through a complex circuit. The conversation was ultimately locked due to the nature of the topic.
madmike159
Gold Member
I am trying to make a reaction test circuit where a LED comes on at after a random amount of time and the slowest player gets and electric shock.

The switches they press turn on a relay to another circuit connected to the device which shocks them. I need to find a way to stop the slowest players switch working so the fastest player doesn’t get shocked.

I also need to know what current and voltage the electric shock should be. Some one told me that it ises a small current and a large voltage. The ones you can but in shops are mostly use 9V cells, but using a op amp would make it 13V-14V which probably wouldn't be high enough.

If anyone has any suggestions to either problems it would be very useful.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is not a good idea to design something that will electrically shock an animal, person etc.. I suggest instead of using a pain to punish the slowest player, how about using a reward as incentive, such as piece of chocolate to the fastest player :tongue2:

Well it was a reason to do something with amplifiers but I have solved the problems now. Chocolate can’t be given out by a circuit:smile:

Sounds like something I would have wanted to try in my younger days. (The building part, not the playing)

madmike159 said:
Chocolate can’t be given out by a circuit:smile:
Sure it can. The circuit just needs to be more complex. :smile:

madmike159 said:
I am trying to make a reaction test circuit where a LED comes on at after a random amount of time and the slowest player gets and electric shock.

The switches they press turn on a relay to another circuit connected to the device which shocks them. I need to find a way to stop the slowest players switch working so the fastest player doesn’t get shocked.

I also need to know what current and voltage the electric shock should be. Some one told me that it ises a small current and a large voltage. The ones you can but in shops are mostly use 9V cells, but using a op amp would make it 13V-14V which probably wouldn't be high enough.

If anyone has any suggestions to either problems it would be very useful.

Sigh. You were doing okay until the "help me figure out how to shock people" part. That's not something you will get help with here on the PF.

Thread locked.

1. What is the purpose of a switch in an electronic circuit?

A switch is a device that is used to control the flow of electricity in an electronic circuit. It can either allow or block the flow of current, thus controlling the on and off state of the circuit.

2. What are the different types of switches?

There are several types of switches, including toggle switches, push-button switches, rotary switches, and slide switches. These switches can be further categorized based on their function, such as on/off switches, momentary switches, and selector switches.

3. How does an amplifier work?

An amplifier is an electronic device that increases the amplitude of a signal. It works by taking a small input signal and increasing its strength through the use of active components such as transistors or vacuum tubes.

4. What is the difference between a switch and a relay?

A switch is a mechanical or electronic device that controls the flow of electricity in a circuit, while a relay is an electromagnetic switch that is controlled by an external signal. Relays are often used to control high voltage or current circuits with a low voltage or current signal.

5. What are some common applications of switches and amplifiers?

Switches and amplifiers are commonly used in various electronic devices, such as computers, televisions, and audio systems. They are also used in industrial applications to control machinery and in telecommunications to transmit and receive signals.