What's the most surprising twist in your journey through life?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses several unexpected surprises in life, including surviving risky activities, experiencing love and mania, and the loss of a loved one. Despite these challenges, the speaker remains optimistic and acknowledges the joy and support found in life.
Loren Booda
What is the greatest surprise which life has dealt you?

Physics news on Phys.org
The times I didn't die (or survived with minimal injury) and the time when my youngest brother died from leukemia.

That being a mom is so much fun.

That I never misplaced my children.

Evo said:
That I never misplaced my children.

:rofl:

I'm not sure. Lots of things have turned out differently than I expected, though usually have turned out well. I just don't know which is most surprising.

The end of the sixth sense.

i graduated.

Was it love or was it mania? Probably both. I wish it on desirers and doubters. And yes, lightning can strike twice, even if not in the same place.

haven't seen much out of ordinary in my (21-year) journey yet

Is it "unexpected" that I'm not dead already (despite engaging in risky activities)? It's hard to say, since I'm still here to respond...

White-water kayaking, technical rock climbing with no previous training, extreme skiing in Maine with too many sessions on on "boilerplate" made of man-made snow, too many sessions of "pushing the envelope" with motorcycles... I could have died dozens of times, but held on. I'll probably get hit by a pulp-truck tomorrow. I hope Duke is OK.

Last edited:
turbo said:
White-water kayaking, technical rock climbing with no previous training, extreme skiing in Maine with too many sessions on on "boilerplate" made of man-made snow, too many sessions of "pushing the envelope" with motorcycles... I could have died dozens of times, but held on. I'll probably get hit by a pulp-truck tomorrow. I hope Duke is OK.

rock on :)

life itself

khemist said:
life itself

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

the suicide of my wife.

now that's a tough one.

i hope you found some support.
on a happier note,

Joy to the world..

Brosse_Nice_Poster_1910-1.jpg

1. What is "Life's unexpected journey"?

"Life's unexpected journey" refers to the unpredictable and often challenging experiences that a person goes through in their lifetime. It encompasses both positive and negative events that shape a person's life and can lead to personal growth and development.

2. Why is life often described as an unexpected journey?

Life is often described as an unexpected journey because it is full of surprises and uncertainties. No matter how much we plan and prepare, there are always unexpected twists and turns that make our journey unique and unpredictable.

3. How can we cope with the unexpected challenges in life?

Coping with unexpected challenges in life can be difficult, but it is important to remember that we are resilient and capable of overcoming them. Some ways to cope include staying positive, seeking support from loved ones, and focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on the problem.

4. Can unexpected events in life have a positive impact?

Yes, unexpected events in life can have a positive impact. They can teach us valuable lessons, help us grow and develop, and bring new opportunities and perspectives into our lives.

5. How can we embrace life's unexpected journey?

We can embrace life's unexpected journey by being open to new experiences, learning to adapt to change, and having a positive attitude towards the unknown. It is also important to have a sense of self-awareness and be open to personal growth and development.