Download Pauli and Fierz 1939 Paper in PDF or PS Format

• Thread starter PauliFierz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pauli
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a specific paper by W.Pauli and M. Fierz in PDF or PS typefile format. They mention that it is difficult to find and ask if anyone can send it to them. Another person also expresses interest in finding the paper and asks if it has been found. Finally, someone provides a link to the paper in question.
PauliFierz
I'm looking for this paper in PDF or PS typefile:
"W.Pauli and M. Fierz, Proc. Roy. Soc. (London) A73, 211 (1939)"
It's very hard to find it from my place, so i'll be happy if somebody
can post it or send it to me. Thanks,

bye
rrrr

Physics news on Phys.org
PauliFierz said:
I'm looking for this paper in PDF or PS typefile:
"W.Pauli and M. Fierz, Proc. Roy. Soc. (London) A73, 211 (1939)"
It's very hard to find it from my place, so i'll be happy if somebody
can post it or send it to me. Thanks,

bye
rrrr

Hi, I'm looking or it too.. did you get it finally? Could you send it, please?
Thanks

I thought I posted this but somehow it went missing. The paper you are looking for, I believe, is "On relativistic wave equations for particles of arbitrary spin in an electromagnetic field", and is located here:

http://www.jstor.org/view/00804630/ap000663/00a00060/0

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the significance of the Pauli and Fierz 1939 paper?

The Pauli and Fierz 1939 paper, titled "On Relativistic Wave Equations for Particles of Arbitrary Spin in an Electromagnetic Field", is a groundbreaking paper in the field of theoretical physics. It proposed a relativistic wave equation for particles with arbitrary spin, which was a major advancement in understanding the behavior of subatomic particles.

2. Where can I find the Pauli and Fierz 1939 paper in PDF or PS format?

The paper can be found in various online databases, such as arXiv or the American Physical Society's journal archives. It may also be available on the website of the institution where the authors conducted their research, such as the University of Zurich or the Institute for Advanced Study.

3. Can I access the Pauli and Fierz 1939 paper for free?

Many online databases and journal archives offer free access to the paper. However, some may require a subscription or payment to view the full text. It is also possible to find the paper for free on the authors' institution websites or through a simple internet search.

4. How has the Pauli and Fierz 1939 paper influenced modern physics?

The paper's proposed wave equation has been widely used in theoretical physics and has been incorporated into the standard model of particle physics. It has also been applied to various fields, such as quantum field theory and quantum gravity. The paper continues to be cited and studied by scientists today, highlighting its lasting impact on modern physics.

5. What other notable contributions have Pauli and Fierz made to the field of physics?

Wolfgang Pauli and Markus Fierz were both renowned physicists who made significant contributions to the field. Some of their notable works include Pauli's exclusion principle and Fierz's work on the theory of relativity. Together, they also collaborated on other papers, such as the influential "On the Theory of the Gravitational Field".