Need a quick reference for math? Check out this PDF!

In summary, a math reference PDF is a concise document that contains information and explanations about mathematical concepts, formulas, and equations. It can be used as a helpful tool for students, teachers, and researchers, and can serve as a supplementary material for classes. It differs from a textbook in its focus on quick reference rather than detailed explanations and examples. There are various types of math reference PDFs available, and they can be found from reputable sources such as educational websites or libraries. It is important to ensure the reliability and accuracy of the source when using a math reference PDF.
Matt Jacques
I made a math reference PDF...

I was feeling in the generous mood and made a PDF containing basic integrals and trig identities and such, this way one doesn't have to keep flipping back to the flap of the book to check something :)

http://praetersoftware.com/mathref/

Physics news on Phys.org
Just a heads up for you. You have lost the units on the permittivity constant on page 3. It would be more accuratly called the "Permittivity of free space"

Thanks Integral, I added the units to it.

1. What is a math reference PDF?

A math reference PDF is a document that contains information and explanations about various mathematical concepts, formulas, and equations. It can serve as a helpful tool for students, teachers, and researchers.

2. How is a math reference PDF different from a textbook?

A math reference PDF is typically more concise and focused on providing quick reference and explanation of concepts, whereas a textbook may have more detailed explanations and examples.

3. Can I use a math reference PDF for my class?

Yes, you can use a math reference PDF as a supplementary material for your class. However, it should not replace a textbook or other required materials.

4. Are there different types of math reference PDFs?

Yes, there are different types of math reference PDFs, such as those focusing on specific topics (e.g. algebra, calculus), or those geared towards different levels (e.g. high school, college).

5. Where can I find a reliable math reference PDF?

You can find reliable math reference PDFs from reputable educational websites, online libraries, or from your school or university's library. It is important to ensure that the source is credible and accurate.