TV weather reporters with appropriate names?

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weather
In summary, TV weather reporters with "appropriate" names include: Larry Sprinkle, Sara Blizzard, Ray Ban, Storm Field, Gail, Dallas Raines, and Wally Kinnan.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
TV weather reporters with "appropriate" names?

In Charlotte, the NBC station, WCNC, has a weatherman named Larry Sprinkle.

I think the ideal candidate would be a woman named Reina Shine. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
jtbell said:
In Charlotte, the NBC station, WCNC, has a weatherman named Larry Sprinkle.

I think the ideal candidate would be a woman named Reina Shine. :biggrin:
BBC East Midlands has a weather reporter Sara Blizzard and there are quite a few named Gail.

The Weather Channel had a reporter named Ray Ban. The UPN station in Secaucus, NJ (WWOR) has a weatherman named Storm Field. And KABC, Los Angeles has Dallas Raines, who has allegedly been approached by San Antonio, Austin, Houston and other Texas stations eager for a joke!

When Darr Maqbool was the weather guy for A-Channel news in Calgary the station promoted his segment with the tag "he's hot, he's cool, he's Darr Maqbool".

Maqbool almost always filmed the weather segment outdoors, usually just outside the studio building in downtown Calgary. This made for some interesting reports when passers-by streaked, waved or invited themselves into the scene. He also shot one report while fishing in the Bow River: he was reciting the forecast when a beaver paddled obliviously into the scene and collided with his hip-waders. Maqbool's on-air response was "I've never rubbed against a beaver in the Bow before".

Likes Mondayman
Not exactly what you are looking for, but here in the Phila. area we have Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz. And many years ago there was Wally Kinnan, the weatherman.

Weather reporters all use their stripper names.

Gokul43201 said:
The UPN station in Secaucus, NJ (WWOR) has a weatherman named Storm Field.

That one isn't so surprising. His father did weather and science reporting (IIRC, it was for CBS), Dr. Frank Field, and he's the guilty party who named his son Storm and then helped him get into the weather reporting biz.

Why are there so many news reporters named Gale? Or is this just some belief I hold because of the frequent use of the name Gale for news reporters in TV shows and movies?

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
That one isn't so surprising. His father did weather and science reporting (IIRC, it was for CBS), Dr. Frank Field, and he's the guilty party who named his son Storm and then helped him get into the weather reporting biz.

I don't see how you could NOT get into the weather reporting biz with a name line that.

We got a Paige working in the library.

jimmysnyder said:
We got a Paige working in the library.

:lol:

Paige Turner?

If we're going to veer off into other fields, there's the fictitious host of a gardening TV show on (I think) the old "WKRP in Cincinnati" series: Pete Moss the Plant Man.

oedipa maas said:
When Darr Maqbool was the weather guy for A-Channel news in Calgary the station promoted his segment with the tag "he's hot, he's cool, he's Darr Maqbool".

Man, do I ever remember that! Missed the beaver bit, though. Where the hell did he disappear to, anyhow?

edit: Hang on now. I just checked your user profile and it says that you're in the Netherlands. When were you here?

Last edited:
New post, since I'm hijacking now. I have a couple of blooper albums, one of which contains the following from a Yankee TV weather lady:
...and Helena got six inches during the night...
(loud off-stage snickering)
...Helena Montana that is, got six inches of snow during the the night... you guys...

Dude, that's nothing:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just saw that one last week. Still, that doesn't discount the humour factor of mine, considering that social taboos were a little more stringent in the 70's when that happened.

1. Who are some famous TV weather reporters with appropriate names?

Some famous TV weather reporters with appropriate names include Storm Field, Ginger Zee, and Jim Cantore.

2. How do TV weather reporters get their names?

TV weather reporters typically choose their own names, often with input from the station they work for. They may choose a name that relates to weather or meteorology, or one that is easy to remember and pronounce.

3. Are there any TV weather reporters with names that have a double meaning?

Yes, there are several TV weather reporters with names that have a double meaning. For example, there is a weather reporter named April Moss and another named Summer Knowles.

4. Is having an appropriate name important for a TV weather reporter?

Having an appropriate name is not a requirement for being a TV weather reporter, but it can help make the job more memorable and engaging for viewers. It can also make it easier for viewers to remember the weather reporter's name and tune in to their forecasts.

5. Do TV weather reporters with appropriate names have an advantage in their careers?

Having an appropriate name may give a TV weather reporter a slight advantage in their career, as it can make them more memorable and help them stand out among other reporters. However, ultimately their knowledge, experience, and on-air performance are the most important factors in their success.