Share Drop Down Menu - Submit Threads to Slashdot & Digg

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, a new "share" drop down menu has been added at the thread level, allowing users with Slashdot or Digg accounts to submit threads to these sites. The creator hopes to gain more exposure for some of the amazing threads on the site. Other sharing options, such as del.icio.us, will also be added later. The drop down has already led to a record-breaking number of online users, although it may be due to yahoo bots rather than the new feature. Overall, the new share drop down has been a successful and well-received addition.
"Share" drop down

Also I added a new drop down menu at the thread level. It's called "share". For those with a Slashdot or Digg account you can submit a thread to these sites. I'll be adding a few more later today.

Physics news on Phys.org
Really smart Greg, you're going to get a lot more hits. Don't put too many, I've never heard of Furl.

What do these websites like diggit do?

Mk said:
Really smart Greg, you're going to get a lot more hits. Don't put too many, I've never heard of Furl.

I hope people use them. There are some amazing threads here that deserve a wider audience.

Our first Digg!

http://digg.com/general_sciences/The_most_beautiful_formulae

Last edited:
Put del.icio.us as one of them.

Thanks, I'll use that one.

Most people ever online has been broken today. I wonder if that has to do with this new share drop down.

Congratulations any way. :smile:

Kurdt said:
Most people ever online has been broken today. I wonder if that has to do with this new share drop down.

Congratulations any way. :smile:

I wish, but looking at the logs, I think yahoo bots are tearing through the site :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Great! Let me know if it works :)

It works great. This was a great idea.

Anyone else used the drop down yet?

1. How does the Share Drop Down Menu work?

The Share Drop Down Menu is a feature that allows users to easily submit threads or articles to popular news aggregation sites like Slashdot and Digg. When a user clicks on the share button, a drop down menu appears with options to submit the thread to these sites. Once the user selects an option, they will be redirected to the respective site where they can complete the submission process.

2. Can I customize the Share Drop Down Menu?

Yes, the Share Drop Down Menu is highly customizable. As a scientist, you can add or remove options from the menu, change the design and layout, and even add your own custom buttons for other social media platforms. The menu is designed to be flexible and adaptable to fit the needs of your website or application.

3. Is the Share Drop Down Menu compatible with all browsers?

Yes, the Share Drop Down Menu is compatible with all modern browsers, including Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. It is also mobile-friendly, so users can easily share content from their smartphones or tablets.

4. How does the Share Drop Down Menu benefit my website?

The Share Drop Down Menu can benefit your website in several ways. First, it allows for easy sharing of your content, which can increase traffic to your site. Additionally, by including options to submit to popular sites like Slashdot and Digg, you can reach a wider audience and potentially gain more exposure for your content. This can also improve your website's search engine rankings and visibility.

5. Is the Share Drop Down Menu free to use?

Yes, the Share Drop Down Menu is free to use. It is a feature that can be easily integrated into your website or application without any cost. Some customization options or advanced features may require a fee, but the basic functionality of the menu is available at no cost.