Install GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties of installing Ghostscript to read a .ps file. The speaker mentions having trouble finding the .exe file after unzipping the software and asks for help with installation. Another person suggests using a LaTeX distribution to run the .ps file through (e)ps2pdf. They also provide links to download the necessary files for Ghostscript installation.
orstats
Hi All:

I am trying to install Ghostscript to read a .ps FILE. Unfortunately, after downloading and unzipping
GPL Ghostscript 8.62

It does not self-extract, and I cannot find the .exe to setup the software on my computer. Does anyone know how to install GPL Ghostscript after unzipping?

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
If there is no .exe probably you don't have the Windows version.

Do you have some LaTeX distribution installed (e.g. MikTeX?)
Because then you can just run the .ps file through (e)ps2pdf and open it as PDF.

1. What is GNU Ghostscript GS?

GNU Ghostscript GS is a free and open-source software that is used for interpreting PostScript and PDF files. It is commonly used for converting and manipulating these file types.

2. Can GNU Ghostscript GS be installed on Windows XP?

Yes, GNU Ghostscript GS can be installed on Windows XP. It is compatible with Windows XP, as well as other versions of Windows.

3. How do I install GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP?

To install GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP, you can download the installer from the official website and follow the installation instructions. You can also use a package manager such as Chocolatey to install it.

4. Are there any system requirements for installing GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP?

Yes, there are some system requirements for installing GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP. Your computer must have at least 512 MB of RAM and 50 MB of free disk space. It also requires a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows XP operating system.

5. Is there a cost for installing GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP?

No, there is no cost for installing GNU Ghostscript GS on Windows XP. It is a free and open-source software, which means it can be downloaded and used without any cost.