Determine the response of the circuit H(s)

In summary, the conversation discusses dividing a circuit into two halves and calculating the transfer function for each half. The first half was successfully calculated, but there is uncertainty about the second half. The role of amplifier A is also mentioned as a means of separating the two parts of the circuit.
AAA2010
http://www.instantfilehosting.com/images/access/number-7427.jpg

i divided the circuit into two halves. i did the first half which is from X(t) till A. i got [(1+Rb/Ra)*1/(R1C1)]/[S+1/(R1C1)] but I'm not sure if i did it right and i don't know how to do the second part. can anyone help me please

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
A is simply an amplifier. The voltage at the right side is the voltage at the left side multiplied by the gain A.
The transfer function of the circuit to the right is calculated in the same way you did for the left circuit..
The role of the amplifier A is to separate the two parts of the circuit, so that the input impedance of the second circuit does not influence the first one.

1. What is H(s) in a circuit?

H(s) is the transfer function of a circuit, which describes the relationship between the input and output signals in the frequency domain.

2. How is the response of a circuit determined?

The response of a circuit is determined by analyzing the transfer function H(s) using techniques such as Laplace transforms or frequency domain analysis.

3. What factors affect the response of a circuit?

The response of a circuit can be affected by various factors, such as the circuit components, their values, and the frequency of the input signal. The type of circuit (e.g. low-pass, high-pass) also plays a role in determining the response.

4. Can the response of a circuit be modified?

Yes, the response of a circuit can be modified by changing the values of the circuit components or by adding additional components. This can be done to achieve a specific response or to improve the overall performance of the circuit.

5. How can the response of a circuit be tested?

The response of a circuit can be tested by applying different input signals and analyzing the output signals. This can be done using specialized equipment such as oscilloscopes or through simulation software.