Maybe this world is another planet's hell.

• Thread starter dekoi
  • Start date
So, in summary, the conversation discusses the concept of Earth being a "hell" or experiencing a "decay of humanity." The idea of a "hell on Earth" is discussed, as well as the idea of happiness being short-lived. The conversation also brings up the belief in Buddhism that Earth is one of seven hells and the concept of reincarnation. The conversation then shifts to a theory that our actions in the present can affect the past and future, potentially causing harm to the fabric of time. The conversation ends with a discussion about the power of the sun and how our actions may have a larger impact on the world and time than we realize.
Smurf said:
I think that's one of the most interesting things is that it WON'T have any value, and it will cease to exist, humanity will take a whole new direction. I am not religious and Faith always seemed more like stupidity to me, Believing something because you believe it, I hate people who believe "CNN is the most trusted name in new's" just because they say they are, and to me I can't tell the difference between this and that.
You're saying faith is practically useless. How about when a scientist begins a study with faith that the formulas he is using (such as Newton's second law for example) is logically proven to be true? Does he not have faith?

ps. I find it interesting that so many threads which do not directly relate to God always end up with arguments about God. Now that is interesting.