What lies beyond the visible universe?

• Thread starter Dark Universe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the conversation discusses the limitations of what can be observed in the universe. One person shares their calculation that suggests the universe is much larger than we currently perceive, while another person requests help with a different theory. However, the conversation is deemed beyond the scope of the forum and the thread is locked.
Dark Universe
Hi I'm new to PF...
And... i kinda have to tell you this...
All that we can see is 14.5 billion light years away from us until we reach a spot that's noting...
or at least to our eyes...
First:
-That's the end?:confused:
Second:
-according to some of my calculations the universe is far bigger and has a whole lot more galaxies and wild star clusters and matter in general than we think... here is what I've reached:

If we put 7600 million billion galaxies as the head of this "i" then the rest of the universe is about the size of Jupiter!
We can't see it cause the light of the rest of it just had no time to reach us...:approve:
and right now I'm in the middle of calculating another theoty but i need a bitta help with the first one... Would appreciate it a lot! thanks!:smile:

Space news on Phys.org
We cannot observe beyond the observable universe. To discuss what we cannot observe, by its very nature, requires speculation. Since we do not allow speculative discussions here, clearly this thread is beyond the scope of these forums.

Thread locked.

1. What is the visible universe?

The visible universe is the portion of the universe that can be observed and studied using telescopes and other scientific instruments. It includes all the galaxies, stars, and other celestial objects that emit or reflect enough light for us to see.

2. Is there anything beyond the visible universe?

Yes, the visible universe is just a small fraction of the entire universe. There is believed to be much more beyond what we can see, including dark matter, dark energy, and possibly other galaxies and structures that are too far away or too faint to be detected by our current technology.

3. How do scientists study what lies beyond the visible universe?

Scientists use a variety of methods to study the universe beyond what is visible. These include analyzing the cosmic microwave background radiation, studying the movements of galaxies and other objects, and using mathematical models and simulations to understand the behavior of the universe on a large scale.

4. What is the current understanding of what lies beyond the visible universe?

While there is still much to be discovered and understood, current theories suggest that the universe is infinite and has been expanding since the Big Bang. This expansion is accelerating due to the presence of dark energy, and it is believed that there are many more galaxies and structures beyond what we can see.

5. Will we ever be able to see or reach what lies beyond the visible universe?

It is highly unlikely that humans will ever be able to physically reach or see what lies beyond the visible universe. The immense distances and the limitations of our technology make it nearly impossible. However, through continued scientific advancements and exploration, we can continue to gain a better understanding of the universe and its mysteries beyond what is visible.