Predicting the End: The Scientific Truth Behind the Rapture

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody is worried that the rapture will happen and he's not fit for heaven, Valhalla, or the Christian heaven. He's also worried that he won't be able to attend the rapture chat because he has a meeting at 6pm. At the chat, he's excited to see which members disappear at 6PM, just a scientific experiment. He's out of the chat at the end because he's going to a meeting. There will be a radio show about the rapture tomorrow, and Rhody hopes to hear it online. He loves levitating and doesn't like the feeling of not being able to breathe or bumping his
Char. Limit said:
But if this were so he would notice that the radio program was Monday through Friday.

Dang. Maybe it's going to take more time than one day to rapture everyone.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tune in at 10 pm for the exciting conclusion of "rapture", only on your local Nutcase Radio affiliate!

Every PF chat is a rapture chat.

And on the last day, the wretched will chat in the place where I am not allowed
John 32:1
Paul 5:2
Ringo 16:16

And on the last day, the wretched will chat in the place where I am not allowed

Ivan Seeking said:

You up and got yourself banned on judgement day!? :bugeye:

jhae2.718 said:
Planning on it.

I wonder what the nut predicting this will say when he's still here tomorrow.

He's going to have a real problem with that because he has said emphatically that there is no way he is wrong, and he has no plan B.

I just heard there is suppose to be a huge earthquake too.
I want to know who gave him the kabbalah book!? :grumpy:

Ivan Seeking said:

You left out George... :mad:

I liked http://www.georgeharrison.com/" [Broken].

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyone out there?
I haven't seen anything anymore since 7 am (Western Europe).
Did the world end?
Terminator 3 said:
Kate Brewster: John, what is he saying?
John Connor: Judgment Day. The end of the world. It's today, three hours from now.
Terminator: Two hours and fifty-three minutes.

I feel so alone. :cry:

I like Serena said:
Is there anyone out there?
I haven't seen anything anymore since 7 am (Western Europe).
Did the world end?

I feel so alone. :cry:

Shalom! :biggrin: You are NOT alone... A little more chicken soup? :smile:

Lacy33 said:
Shalom! :biggrin: You are NOT alone... A little more chicken soup? :smile:

Yes please! :approve:

And shalom!

Evo said:
I asked Greg and he didn't say no, so I guess that we're on.

What time should we start?

If nothing happens, I will try to log in 17:45.

Edit: but then, I have some plans for today, so if I am not present it doesn't yet mean world ended.

Last edited:
The world's ending and PF plans a chat...

I feel cheated - no reports about 18:00 local time earthquakes in Japan.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture "Sir Isaac Newton proposed, based upon his calculations using figures from the book of Daniel, that the Apocalypse could happen no earlier than 2060."

I'm not sure how large the relativistic and quantum corrections are to that.

Any results from Einstein?

did i miss the rapture? i was asleep.

18:00 local time, D-S. No telling if it sweeps across the Earth like a sunrise or hits entire time-zones at once. The "prophet" wasn't too specific.

Didn't the prophet priest claim that it would happen 6pm "American standard time" even though no such thing exists?

how come all the christians don't believe in the rapture? is that a deal breaker?

Darken-Sol said:
how come all the christians don't believe in the rapture? is that a deal breaker?

It's not about not believing in it, it's about carving the date in stone. That's wholly man-made.

The Bible explicitly says that only God knows when it will occur.

Matthew 24:36 - Jesus is quoted saying; "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only"

*sings* Come into my world...
world2-150x150.jpg

HeLiXe said:
*sings* Come into my world...
world2-150x150.jpg

Huh, huh huh huh huh huh.

Helix, I can see Uranus.

huh huh huh.

:blushing:

:rofl: are you Beavis?

Hey! You! Christian!

What the hell are you still doing doing here!

And you!

...all cloggin' up my planet & everything...

Are we all still here?

DaveC426913 said:
Hey! You! Christian!

What the hell are you still doing doing here!

And you!

You do realize this was just one small group of nuts, right? In fact, his prediction explicitly contradicted biblical teachings [no man can know the day or the hour, not even the son], so even devout believers didn't take him seriously.

DaveC426913 said:
Hey! You! Christian!

What the hell are you still doing doi:biggrin:ng here!

And you!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ivan Seeking said:
You do realize this was just one small group of nuts, right? In fact, his prediction explicitly violated biblical teachings, so even devout believers didn't take him seriously.

Those nuts didn't think it applied to just them. By their accounting, Christians should have disappeared all over the planet, whether or not they believed today was the day. I'm not accusing all Christians of being nutty.

DaveC426913 said:
Those nuts didn't think it applied to just them. By their accounting, Christians should have disappeared all over the planet...

Maybe they did and no one here noticed. :rofl:

I have a cousin who is an ordained minister and a rapture nut. I remember him giving us all sorts of weird predictions when I was a kid. Even then we kids knew he was nuts, and we were devout Catholics!

i don't think it was in good taste to have forums and chats about this.

Physics-Learner said:
i don't think it was in good taste to have forums and chats about this.
As Ivan says, it's just a few nuts.

And they were wrong.

Because they're nutty.

if these people were physically disabled, no chat would be happening.

they are simply mentally or emotionally disabled, and we should be doing the same thing.

we are simply making fun of people who have problems. surely, we have better things we can and should be doing.

Physics-Learner said:
if these people were physically disabled, no chat would be happening.

they are simply mentally or emotionally disabled, and we should be doing the same thing.

we are simply making fun of people who have problems. surely, we have better things we can and should be doing.

Well, not quite; if they were physically, mentally or emotionally disabled they would be interested only in their own lives, and not the destruction of others. They would not be predicting doom for the souls of the rest of us, or heralding the end of the Earth.

No, they don't have a disease or a disability, they have chosen a belief system that damns people not like them. They are quite capable of having compassion for their neighbour, but choose not to.

Anyway, granted. Making fun of people for their beliefs does not make me a better person.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the scientific explanation for the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>The concept of the Rapture is a religious belief that is not supported by scientific evidence. It is based on the idea that believers will be taken up to heaven before a period of tribulation on Earth. However, there is no scientific basis for this belief and it is not a topic that is studied or researched by scientists.</p><h2>2. Can science predict when the Rapture will occur?</h2><p>No, science cannot predict when the Rapture will occur. The concept of the Rapture is based on religious beliefs and is not something that can be predicted or studied scientifically. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.</p><h2>3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of the Rapture?</h2><p>There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of the Rapture. It is a religious belief and is not something that can be studied or proven using the scientific method. Therefore, it is not a topic that is supported by scientific research or evidence.</p><h2>4. Are there any scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>No, there are no scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture. The idea of the Rapture is a religious belief and is not something that can be explained or studied using scientific theories. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.</p><h2>5. How do scientists view the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>Scientists do not view the concept of the Rapture as a scientific topic. It is a religious belief and is not something that is studied or researched by scientists. Therefore, it is not a topic that is viewed or discussed within the scientific community.</p>

1. What is the scientific explanation for the concept of the Rapture?

The concept of the Rapture is a religious belief that is not supported by scientific evidence. It is based on the idea that believers will be taken up to heaven before a period of tribulation on Earth. However, there is no scientific basis for this belief and it is not a topic that is studied or researched by scientists.

2. Can science predict when the Rapture will occur?

No, science cannot predict when the Rapture will occur. The concept of the Rapture is based on religious beliefs and is not something that can be predicted or studied scientifically. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.

3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of the Rapture?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of the Rapture. It is a religious belief and is not something that can be studied or proven using the scientific method. Therefore, it is not a topic that is supported by scientific research or evidence.

4. Are there any scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture?

No, there are no scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture. The idea of the Rapture is a religious belief and is not something that can be explained or studied using scientific theories. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.

5. How do scientists view the concept of the Rapture?

Scientists do not view the concept of the Rapture as a scientific topic. It is a religious belief and is not something that is studied or researched by scientists. Therefore, it is not a topic that is viewed or discussed within the scientific community.