Register to reply

Dimension of n-point Green function

by Einj
Tags: dimension, function, green, npoint
Share this thread:
Einj
Feb23-14, 05:35 PM
P: 324
Hi everyone. I have a very quick question. Can someone tell me how to compute the energy dimensions of an n-point Green function. Consider for example a [itex]\lambda\phi^4[/itex] scalar theory. I know that the dimensions of an n-pt Green function are [itex]4-n[/itex] (or something like that). How do I prove it?

Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
dauto
Feb23-14, 11:57 PM
Thanks
P: 1,948
The dimension of anything in QFT theory can be calculated by counting factors. Each field derivative or integral contributes to the overall dimension.
Einj
Feb24-14, 07:31 AM
P: 324
Yes, I know that. For example in a scalar theory the dimension of the fields is 1 (in energy). My question is: how do I go from knowing the dimension of the field to knowing the dimension of the Green function?

andrien
Feb26-14, 05:42 AM
P: 1,020
Dimension of n-point Green function

Quote Quote by Einj View Post
Yes, I know that. For example in a scalar theory the dimension of the fields is 1 (in energy). My question is: how do I go from knowing the dimension of the field to knowing the dimension of the Green function?
If you are working in D=2d dimensions,then n-point connected 1PI Green function reads
Gn(p1,p2,....,pn)=∫∏i=1to nd2dxiei(p1x1+....pnxn)<0|[itex]T\phi(x_1)....\phi(x_n)[/itex]|0>.
dim. of [itex]\phi[/itex] is d-1 here as you can check,and dim. of d2dx is -2d because length dimension is inverse of energy(mass) dimension.Hence Gn has dimension n(d-1)-2nd=-n(d+1)

Register to reply