ASCII Starwars: Enjoy the Classic Movie on Telnet - towel.blinkenlights.nl

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about using telnet to connect to the address towel.blinkenlights.nl. The person suggests using the built-in telnet client on Windows or a third-party one such as Putty. They also explain what telnet is and how to use it on Windows. There is also a suggestion to save the Putty link and then double-click on it to open it.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Wow, someone had a bit too much time on their hands:

telnet to this address: towel.blinkenlights.nl

I think windows has a built in telnet client, but if there isn't one then you can use this one:

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

Computer science news on Phys.org
thats been there for years :)

dduardo said:

I think windows has a built in telnet client, but if there isn't one then you can use this one:

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's telnet?
When I try to do it, a message box appears telling me that the connection ahs been closed. What does that mean?
Thanks,

in windows do this...

click start then run, in the tun box type "telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl"

without the ""

Telnet is a layer 7 application which runs ontop of tcp/IP it allows a user to remotely connect to another device... ("remote terminal connection service")

That's too good!

dduardo said:

You want us to click on an EXE link? Bad penguin!:devil:

No save it then 2*click on it! :tongue2:

1) What is ASCII Starwars?

ASCII Starwars is a text-based, ASCII art version of the original Star Wars movie. It is created using a combination of keyboard characters to re-create the iconic scenes and characters from the film.

2) How is ASCII Starwars created?

ASCII Starwars is created using a programming language such as Python or JavaScript. The code uses various keyboard characters to create the images and animations in the movie.

3) Can I watch ASCII Starwars on any device?

Yes, ASCII Starwars can be watched on any device that can display text, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone. It does not require any special software or graphics capabilities.

4) Is ASCII Starwars the same as the original Star Wars movie?

No, ASCII Starwars is a simplified and text-based version of the original movie. It does not have sound or color, and the characters and scenes are represented using keyboard characters instead of images.

5) Can I create my own ASCII Starwars?

Yes, you can create your own version of ASCII Starwars by using a programming language and following the same format and techniques as the original creator. However, be aware of any copyright laws when using characters and scenes from the original movie.