Good book abaut classical mechanics?

In summary, a new member joined the forum and expressed their excitement about it. They are in college and struggling with classical mechanics, asking for book recommendations. Another member suggests Greiners classical mechanics for detailed mathematical explanations, but mentions that it may not be the best introduction. They also suggest "University Physics" by Young and Freedman for a good introduction. Another member asks for suggestions on how to use the forum effectively and for a good book on classical mechanics with numerical problems. Someone suggests "Classical Mechanics" by Prof Klepner and another member mentions "French's Newtonian Mechanics" as a good intermediate level book. Finally, someone suggests I E IRODOV for mechanics problems.
ryt
hi
im new to this forum, i yust registered, and i think is great forum, the best and wery helpfull

im on a physics and informatics colledge, i need to pass classical mechanics (i have some dificulties with it), so i have a question does somebody know some good book about classical mechanics (with kinematics, statics, dinamics, fluids)(i' d prefear theat goes from bottom and theat is wery good in explaining)?

thx

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want incredibly excrutiating mathematical detail go for Greiners classical mechanics. It is dead boring though and probably not very good as a introduction.

If you want a good introduction I liked the chapters for mechanics in "university physics" by Young and Freedman.

Hey, i am new to this forum.i don't know how to continue with things here.pls someone suggests me how to use this forum in a better way.
i want a good book on classical mechanics containing good numerical problem .i want to practice from that.please smeone suggest some good books,thanx.

Last edited:
i guess Classical Mechanics by Prof Klepner will be great. well i am new too and i looking forward to this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
im new here too.. wht wud u say about I E IRODOV for mechanics problems...herd its quite gud...

1. What is classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the motion and behavior of macroscopic objects, such as planets, cars, and baseballs. It is based on the laws of motion and gravitation developed by Sir Isaac Newton in the 17th century.

2. What are the key concepts in classical mechanics?

The key concepts in classical mechanics include Newton's three laws of motion, conservation of energy, conservation of momentum, and the principles of work and energy. These concepts help us understand how objects move and interact with each other.

3. Why is classical mechanics important?

Classical mechanics is important because it provides a fundamental understanding of how the physical world works. It is the basis for many other branches of physics, such as thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics. It also has practical applications in fields such as engineering and astronomy.

4. What are some examples of classical mechanics in everyday life?

Classical mechanics can be seen in many aspects of our daily lives, such as riding a bike, throwing a ball, or driving a car. It also explains phenomena like the motion of the planets in our solar system and the behavior of fluids.

5. Are there any recommended books for learning classical mechanics?

Yes, there are many good books about classical mechanics. Some popular options include "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor, "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin, and "Classical Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and George Hrabovsky. It is important to choose a book that suits your level of understanding and learning style.