Solving Physics Problem 4: 24840 N/C?

• Thread starter Alt+F4
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the formula for calculating electric field strength is E = F/q. To convert Newtons per Coulomb to volts per meter, you can use the formula E = V/d. The direction of the electric field can be determined using the right-hand rule. The SI unit for electric field strength is volts per meter (V/m). The strength of an electric field is affected by the magnitude of the charge, distance, medium, and presence of other charges.
Alt+F4
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9631/physicssz1.jpg

I want to know Problem 4

So P = UAC

(4.6*10^-6)(2)(3*10^8) = 2760 Watt

Then i know

P =U/T

2760 = X/ 9

X = 24840 N/C?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your calculation seems fine to me. The answer is just the energy is joules not N/C.

It is not clear what Problem 4 is without more context or information. Can you provide more details or a full description of the problem? Additionally, the provided equation and calculation do not seem to be related to the given image. As a scientist, it is important to clearly define and explain all variables and steps in a problem to ensure accuracy and understanding. Without this information, it is difficult to provide a response to the given content.

1. What is the formula for calculating electric field strength?

The formula for calculating electric field strength is E = F/q, where E is the electric field strength, F is the force exerted by the electric field, and q is the charge of the object.

2. How do I convert Newtons per Coulomb to volts per meter?

To convert Newtons per Coulomb to volts per meter, you can use the formula E = V/d, where E is the electric field strength in volts per meter, V is the voltage in volts, and d is the distance in meters.

3. How can I determine the direction of the electric field?

To determine the direction of the electric field, you can use the right-hand rule. Point your thumb in the direction of the electric field, then curl your fingers. The direction in which your fingers curl is the direction of the electric field.

4. What is the SI unit for electric field strength?

The SI unit for electric field strength is volts per meter (V/m).

5. What factors affect the strength of an electric field?

The strength of an electric field is affected by the magnitude of the charge creating the field, the distance from the charge, and the medium in which the charge exists. Additionally, the presence of other charges can also affect the strength of the electric field.