Four-Eared Cat Photo from Reuters

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a picture of a cat with an extra set of ears. Some people find it creepy and cool, while others make jokes about it. There is also a discussion about whether the cat's extra ears affect its hearing abilities. The conversation also touches on the topic of Marilyn Monroe's rumored 12 toes and the potential for humans to have four ears.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
from Reuters

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040324/ids_photos_wl/ra3784222019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
YIKES! I wonder if this kitty is disturbed by the sounds of a Bunny Holocaust! Can she hear any better than a cat with two ears?

hahaha that's quite an amusing picture. The second set of ears look kinda under-developed to me. Doesnt look much like a kitten though. Even at 6 months.

That is really creepy! And cool. I'm sure the cat has a more acute sense of hearing.
So does the cat have 4 earlobes?!

Probably not, as the "extra" ears looked underdeveloped and flimsy to me.

I wonder if potential kitty suitors are turned off by the extra ears.

Did Marilyn Monroe really have 12 toes? :biggrin:

Is it a quadrapet?

Those two sub-ears look weird, at least now it doesn't have to twitch its ears back to hear something (assuming they work). Now it can hear all of the little mice and can pounce at will, its the ultimate killing machine.

I said quadrapet. get it? Quad-ra-Pet its funny. damn, no one laughs at my jokes. wonder if it would help if y'all had four ears or if that'd just make me just as dull at twice the volume.

What Did You Say?

I Said What Did You Say?

tribdog said:
I said quadrapet. get it? Quad-ra-Pet its funny. damn, no one laughs at my jokes. wonder if it would help if y'all had four ears or if that'd just make me just as dull at twice the volume.
hahaha poor tribdog, is it ok to laugh at your suffering?

I'll take what I can get.

1. What is a "Four-Eared Cat Photo from Reuters"?

A "Four-Eared Cat Photo from Reuters" is a photograph of a cat with four ears, captured by the news agency Reuters.

2. Is the cat in the photo a real four-eared cat?

Yes, the cat in the photo is a real four-eared cat. The photo was taken by a Reuters photographer and has been verified as authentic by the news agency.

3. How rare is a four-eared cat?

Four-eared cats are extremely rare, with only a few known cases in the world. This genetic mutation is estimated to occur in about 1 in every 10,000 cats.

4. What causes a cat to have four ears?

A four-eared cat is the result of a genetic mutation called polydactyly, which causes extra appendages to form. In this case, the extra appendages formed as ears on the cat.

5. Are four-eared cats considered healthy?

Most four-eared cats are considered healthy, as the extra ears do not typically cause any health issues. However, they may have some hearing impairment due to the extra ear structures.