Who wants to start a bar fight?

• Thread starter Math Jeans
  • Start date
In summary, Math Jeans walks into the bar and spots BobG. BobG is mad at Math Jeans for breaking up with him at the altar, so Math Jeans is looking for trouble. Math Jeans gets into a fight with BobG, MIH, and the armless BobG. Math Jeans wins and makes a clean getaway.
Math Jeans
Ok. This was another game that I played at my old school forum. I'm not sure if you guys have done one of these before, but the rule is basically that you can do whatever you want provided it does not end the entire thread in one turn.

Basically, you play as yourself in a random bar, and you...fight everyone else.

I'll start:

*I walk into the bar. I notice its empty.*
*I go to the bartender and order a beer.*
*I turn around and drink my beer facing the doorway.*

Physics news on Phys.org
*I stomp into the bar and look around*
*My gaze rests on Math Jeans*

HEY! YOU! GET OFF OF MY GIRLFRIEND!

I always thought Smurf's girlfriend was imaginary... :biggrin:

Hurkyl said:
I always thought Smurf's girlfriend was imaginary... :biggrin:

She's not imaginary. She's just very complex.:biggrin: (I know...I apologize ahead of time.)

Aye yai yai. :uhh:

*I offer Smurf a seat.*
*I sense slight hostility, but I am not sure yet.*

*The bar still has only Smurf, me, and the bartender in it.*
*I wonder about this. This is usually a popular bar.*

*I stomp into the bar and spot Smurf.*
*What is this about an imaginary girlfriend? Is that why you dumped me at the altar and broke my heart?*
*Where is the hussy?*

Last edited:
*I know something is going on.*
*I break my beer bottle and get ready.*

I remark, "Are you guys stupid or just blind? How could all three of you walk right into the same bar?!", as I swing the bar around in the air for emphasis.

BobG said:
I remark, "Are you guys stupid or just blind? How could all three of you walk right into the same bar?!", as I swing the bar around in the air for emphasis.

I won't even mention how irrelevant that is.

Math Jeans said:
I won't even mention how irrelevant that is.

Smart move. Never bring a bottle to a bar fight.

Well, unless everyone's fighting with bars of soap. In that case, a bottle might be pretty intimidating.

BobG said:
Smart move. Never bring a bottle to a bar fight.

Well, unless everyone's fighting with bars of soap. In that case, a bottle might be pretty intimidating.

BobG. Please don't ruin this thread.

* I walk into the bar and say, "hey BobG, I'm making a run down to Mexico. Wanna go?"*

Math Is Hard said:
* I walk into the bar and say, "hey BobG, I'm making a run down to Mexico. Wanna go?"*

Heck, I'll go anywhere with Math is Hard.

*I leave the bar with Math Is Hard complaining, "I've had a hard day. I was leaving the vault and the strap to my backpack got caught on the door handle, leaving my strap inside with me and the pack outside. I had to saw my left arm off with my Swiss Army knife to free myself."*

Last edited:
Math Jeans missed a perfect opportunity to take down BobG, currently on the FBI's most wanted list for swinging bars in swinging bars and making jokes about soap.

*MIH and the armless BobG make a clean getaway. They were last seen heading for Dr. Foofer's ranch just south of Ensenada.*

*When I walk in I see math jeans holding a shanked beer bottle in his hand*
*I quickly run to the pool table and grab the que ball and a pool stick*
*math jeans is looking very threatening so I throw the q ball at his throat, break the pool stick over my knee, and stab him through the eye with one end*
*I run around in circles with glee, as I have just slayed the cockroach*

hey we are supposed to be having a bar fight right?

yes we are.

*What gravenewworld doesn't realize is that my eye is fake because I had lost my other in a different bar fight. The fake one was glass, so it did not penetrate far.*
*I pull some rope from my bag and break the rest of my beer bottle.*
*I take the two pieces from the pool stick and tie two sharp shards of glass to the ends.*
(basically, I have two sticks with very sharp blades at the end.)
*I slice off gravenwworld's arms, take the cue ball, and knock him out cold.*
*I stand ready with my weapons.*

I show up for my gig running an open-mic jam and start setting up the drums, sound system, and my guitars and amps. The others will be here soon. Notice that Math Jeans is acting wound up and needs to chill, and waves to the bartender to indicate "buy a round for the loon".

*I drink some more and calm down, but keep my guard up just in case.*
*I ask turbo what music will be played.*

I start with "brown eyed girl" to start and swing into "black magic woman" (the Fleetwood Mac original before Santana stole it) and then segue into "a tall cool woman in a black dress" to get the crowd (?) hooked.

Last edited:
*I suddenly stop dancing the remember the reason I had come to the bar.*
*I'm supposed to assassinate the DJ that was coming to the bar.*
*I slit turbo's neck, wrists, and Acheles tendons.*
(sorry turbo. lol. I am a big fan of ur salsa though.)

NOTE: Miricles that keep you alive during the fight ARE allowed. Its just supposed to be crazy.

I was not a DJ, but a performer. I don't know who you have killed, but it wasn't me. The national enforcer of the Iron Horsemen sits at a table with his friends and buys drinks for his friends. We play songs he wants to hear and he buys drinks for the band.

This is 100% real, btw. The guy is huge,, intimidating, and 100% friendly. He is also laid back and calm.

Last edited:
*I later figure out that I had just killed a random guy with an afro.*

*with astonishing speed, devil bursts through a small window, flying across the bar horizontally, aiming a devastating drop kick at the bar tender*
*unfortunately for devil, the bar tender has had this happen before and now keeps a life sized cardboard cutout of himself in front of the window as a decoy*
*devil nails the cardboard cutout dead center but because of the lack of mass of the cardboard cutout, devil's astonishing momentum sends him skidding across the floor and out the front door*
*devil, disheartened with his failure to assume the roll of bar tender at the infamous bar of death, hails a cab and goes home to watch professional wrestling*

*I start getting bored.*
*I realize that in the bar murder is common, so I decide to slice up turbo.*

NOTE: better think up a good miracle to keep you alive, turbo :D.

*After that, I really really quickly go to turbo's house and eat all of his salsa and habanero sauce.*
*I then zoom back to the bar.*

1. What is the psychology behind wanting to start a bar fight?

The desire to start a bar fight can stem from a variety of factors, such as feeling disrespected or provoked by someone, seeking attention or validation, or being under the influence of alcohol or other substances. It may also be linked to underlying anger or aggression issues.

2. Are certain people more likely to want to start a bar fight?

Research suggests that individuals with certain personality traits, such as high levels of impulsivity or low levels of self-control, may be more prone to wanting to start a bar fight. Additionally, environmental factors such as alcohol consumption and peer influence can also play a role.

3. How can bar owners and staff prevent bar fights from happening?

Bar owners and staff can implement various strategies to prevent bar fights, such as enforcing a strict code of conduct, closely monitoring patrons who appear to be getting agitated, and intervening early on if a situation seems to be escalating. They can also create a safe and welcoming atmosphere by promoting responsible drinking and having visible security measures in place.

4. What are the potential consequences of starting a bar fight?

The consequences of starting a bar fight can range from minor injuries and property damage to more serious consequences such as legal charges and getting banned from the establishment. In some cases, it can also lead to retaliation or further violence.

5. Is there a way to de-escalate a potential bar fight?

Yes, there are techniques that can help de-escalate a potential bar fight, such as calmly addressing the situation, diffusing tension with humor, and finding a peaceful resolution. Additionally, bar staff can undergo training on conflict resolution and how to handle potentially volatile situations.