Can not install WindowsXP after uninstalling Fedora Core Test 3

In summary: The problem you are experiencing is due to a damage done to your hard drive while it was in use by XP. You can try to fix it by using the Windows Recovery Console, but it is likely that you will have to reformat your hard drive.
Saint
Why?
I used to installing dual boot system of Windows ME and XP.
After uninstalling Fedora, I can only install Windows ME/98, but can not install XP, after reboot, the system prompts me "No Operationg System".

Fedora had done something on my hard drive, I used windows recovery console to FIXBOOT and FIXMBR, but the problem still unsolved.

Anyone can help me to bring my hard drive back to original condition ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you used your two free incidents per MS purchase with Microsoft? I had a similar serious problem a while back with Partition Magic - I lost all three operating systems. After Partition Magic Tech support gave up, I spent about a full day on the phone with MS tech support; no charge. It was applied to my original purchases of XP and Win2000.

what can you help me to solve this problem?

I'm definitely not the best choice. If no one else can help here I may be able to offer a few suggestions.

If you have a valid copy of XP you should be able to get support through Microsoft.

ME is one of the only OSes that do not allow you to install XP dually.

This isn't a progressive post, but I'm pretty sure it's impossibly unless you deleted ME from your system.

No, I installed ME and XP together before, no problem.
No I need help to restore my HDD back to original factory setting.

somebody suggested this solution for me
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&postid=1049360#post1049360

My way of sorting out the MBR mess:

boot from Fedora Core 1 (not 2) boot CD into linux rescue mode

chroot /mnt/sysimage

sfdisk -d /dev/hda | sfdisk --no-reread -H255 /dev/hda

reboot

boot from Fedora Core 1 boot CD again

chroot /mnt/sysimage

grub-install

reboot

No problem now after I used maxtor's program to fix it.

I would have typed this in dos:

fdisk /mbr

1. Why am I unable to install WindowsXP after uninstalling Fedora Core Test 3?

Uninstalling Fedora Core Test 3 may have altered your computer's boot settings, making it unable to recognize the WindowsXP installation media. This can also happen if the Linux boot loader was not properly removed during the uninstallation process.

2. How can I fix this issue and install WindowsXP?

You can fix this issue by changing the boot settings in your computer's BIOS to prioritize the WindowsXP installation media. You can also use a bootable USB or CD/DVD with the WindowsXP installation files and boot from it to begin the installation process.

3. Will I lose any data on my computer during this process?

Uninstalling Fedora Core Test 3 and installing WindowsXP should not cause any data loss on your computer. However, it is always recommended to back up important files before making any changes to your system.

4. Can I still dual boot with WindowsXP and another operating system after this process?

Yes, you can still dual boot with WindowsXP and another operating system after this process. You will just need to properly configure the boot settings in your computer's BIOS to recognize both operating systems.

5. What should I do if I encounter any errors during the WindowsXP installation?

If you encounter any errors during the WindowsXP installation, it is best to troubleshoot the issue by checking your computer's hardware and making sure all necessary drivers are installed. You can also seek help from technical support or forums for further assistance.