How To Implement This Function With 2 Input Nand without

In summary: This states that if two electrical signals are added together, the result is the sum of the two original signals. To apply this to our problem, we need to find two signals that can be added together to get WXY. The two signals that can be added together are A and B, which are the output of the two input NAND gates.
Zayer
How To Implement This Functions With 2 Input NAND without using any gates as inverter ??

A=WX’Y’+W’X+W’Y
B=WX’Y’+WX’Z’
C=W’X+WX’Y’
E=Y’Z+W’Z+WX’Y
F=WX’+W’XY+WY’Z
D=WX’+W’XY+WY’Z
G=W’X+WX’Y’+WY’Z
H=WX’Z’+WY’Z
J=WY’+W’X+W’Y

see the attachment , the question in part e

there are more than three functions that need 3 Input NAND and some minterms with 3 literals. We have only one 7410 package with 3 Input and plenty of 7400 package

Attachments

• Project.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 364
Physics news on Phys.org
Zayer said:
How To Implement This Functions With 2 Input NAND without using any gates as inverter ??
Read your PDF, it gives the solution for the NOT gate problem really early on.

there are more than three functions that need 3 Input NAND and some minterms with 3 literals. We have only one 7410 package with 3 Input and plenty of 7400 package
Pull out all those old logic simplification rules to good use, and try a karnough map and the like. Just looking briefly at your list, I see one problem where you use the distributive rule to factor out a term so the entire thing can be implemented with two input NANDs. Most of your other problems also simplify as such.

Last edited:
Thanks
I obtained another set of equations

A’=WY+WX+W’X’Y’
B’=W’+X+YZ
C’=WX+WY+W’X’
D’=F’=W’Y’+W’X’+WXZ’+WXY
E’=Y’Z’+XZ’+W’Z’+WXY
G’=WY+W’X’+WXZ’
H’=W’+YZ+XZ’
J’=WY+W’X’Y’

W'X'Y WXY WXZ'

are the only prime implicants that needs 3 Input NAND(if we didn't use inverter)

I think it's impossible to implement WXY with only 2 Input NAND gates without using inverters

Zayer said:
WXY with only 2 Input NAND gates without using inverters
That's what slipped my mind anyway. You've got to use de Morgan's law to put everything in AND form anyway, which will probably end up giving you the NAND constructs when you simplify.

De Morgan's Law:
'A + 'B = '(AB)
'(A+B) = ('A'B)

Last edited:

1. How do I implement a function with 2 input NAND without using built-in NAND gates?

To implement a 2 input NAND function without using built-in NAND gates, you can use a combination of other logic gates such as NOT, AND, and OR gates. By connecting these gates in a specific way, you can create a NAND function with 2 inputs.

2. Can I use a NAND gate as a substitute for other logic gates?

Yes, a NAND gate can be used as a substitute for NOT, AND, and OR gates. By connecting the inputs and outputs in a certain way, a NAND gate can perform the same function as these gates.

3. How does a NAND gate work?

A NAND gate is a logic gate with two or more inputs and one output. Its output is only true (1) when all of its inputs are false (0). If any of the inputs are true, the output will be false. This is represented by the logical expression: Output = NOT (Input1 AND Input2 AND ...).

4. What are the advantages of using a NAND gate?

One of the main advantages of using a NAND gate is its versatility. It can be used to implement all other logic gates, making it a useful building block in digital circuits. Additionally, NAND gates are relatively simple to construct and are more cost-effective compared to other logic gates.

5. Are there any limitations to using a NAND gate?

While a NAND gate can be used to implement other logic gates, it may require more gates and a more complex circuit compared to using the specific logic gates. Additionally, the inputs and outputs of a NAND gate may have to be inverted when used in combination with other gates, which can add to the complexity of the circuit.