What Will Happen to a Fan in Space?

• Thread starter amey_naik2812
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan Space
In summary: Both use air to generate a force. The missile uses compressed air to generate a force to push the missile forward. The torpedo uses a fan to generate a force to push the torpedo forward.
jarednjames said:
Not a breakthrough, but a facepalm moment.

No, you can't create/destroy energy, but it can end up in a form where is is no longer of use to us.

Once a star uses up all its Hydrogen/Helium fuel, it dies (or around about that time). Once all the stars go through this, the universe is pretty doomed. There is a finite amount of energy available to the universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_universe

But is it not true that new stars are formed?

I don't buy it. Entropy has value to organisms and chemical reactions...I believe elements will reform...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
jared69sib said:
Yet! LOL. You are totally right. It wasn't a breakthrough. :) Even in my own mind. Well, we need to find a way to put it to use! I mean, even as heat energy has it's advantages. We'll see it on automobiles soon. Pulleys that run solely on the influx of hot and cold air. The belt material expands and contracts turning the pulleys...

And where does the hot air get its energy from?

There's no yet about it. We can't magically make energy. Period.

jared69sib said:
But is it not true that new stars are formed?

Once all the stars use all the Hydrogen and Helium, what is there to make new stars from?

jarednjames said:
Once all the stars use all the Hydrogen and Helium, what is there to make new stars from?

I don't buy it. Entropy has value to organisms and chemical reactions...I believe elements will reform...

jared69sib said:

Then you don't understand chemistry very well at all. It's not about what you do or don't buy, this fact.

If I remember correctly, everything works its way towards iron and then stays there.

What do you "form" Hydrogen from? You have to physically split another element to get it. Not a small feat to achieve.

Hydrogen is a fantastic fuel source, if we could simply split elements down to it and then use it we wouldn't have any energy problems. But, it takes more energy to get Hydrogen than you get out of it. So it's worthless doing.

(Please, if any of my posts here are inaccurate in anyway, someone correct me. I'm not brilliant at chemistry, but I believe these explanations are good enough for now.)

jarednjames said:
Then you don't understand chemistry very well at all. It's not about what you do or don't buy, this fact.

If I remember correctly, everything works its way towards iron and then stays there.

Yea. I know. The more I read through it the more I understand...it's scary...

SO with that theory there will not be a 2nd bang? If that is the case, then how did the first bang even form?

Poetic. No? The "life and death" of the universe...

jared69sib said:
Yea. I know. The more I read through it the more I understand...it's scary...

SO with that theory there will not be a 2nd bang? If that is the case, then how did the first bang even form?

That is a completely separate discussion, and something no person on this planet can comment on because we don't know enough about the first before we start commenting on a possible second.

jarednjames said:

What do you "form" Hydrogen from? You have to physically split another element to get it. Not a small feat to achieve.

Hydrogen is a fantastic fuel source, if we could simply split elements down to it and then use it we wouldn't have any energy problems. But, it takes more energy to get Hydrogen than you get out of it. So it's worthless doing.

(Please, if any of my posts here are inaccurate in anyway, someone correct me. I'm not brilliant at chemistry, but I believe these explanations are good enough for now.)

Amazing. It wouldn't be worth while to break one helium down to make what? 1 hydrogen? I see your point then... Any energy expended just leaves us with less and less..

Think of it like this, you can get Hydrogen from water. But, it takes more energy to split the H2 and O apart than you can get from the Hydrogen. Otherwise you would simply hook the device up to itself and have a perpetual source of energy.

Note, it isn't as simple as I made out to simply split a Helium into a Hydrogen.

I was just reading that the explosion of stars (supernova) could pressurize stardust to form new stars...

jarednjames said:
Think of it like this, you can get Hydrogen from water. But, it takes more energy to split the H2 and O apart than you can get from the Hydrogen. Otherwise you would simply hook the device up to itself and have a perpetual source of energy.

Note, it isn't as simple as I made out to simply split a Helium into a Hydrogen.

I get it. So where do you stand on global warming? LOL. Just a joke. I'm kidding. ;)

jared69sib said:
I was just reading that the explosion of stars (supernova) could pressurize stardust to form new stars...

So, what's that got to do with getting the required fuel?

If the materials aren't present, you can't form a star.

I have a car plant of automated robots, if I don't have the materials to build the cars from I can't build cars.

The OP has not posted since the end of Oct. this thread is wandering aimlessly.

Thread locked,