The best books you suggest for (i)signals and systems (ii)electronic devices

In summary, Signals and Systems and Electronic Principles are two important topics for electronic communication engineers. However, finding a comprehensive book that covers both topics in a simple and fundamental way has been a challenge. "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill is highly recommended for electronic devices and components, while "Signals and Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim and "Electronic Principles" by Albert Malvino are considered the best books in this field. Additionally, "Electric Circuits" by Nilsson is also a good resource for understanding basics of high voltage subjects.
peeyush_ali
I've just started my [signals and systems] and [electronic devices and circuits] this sem...and i am learning that signals and systems topics are the core and fundamental concepts required for a electronic communication engineer...
though i haven't found a great book that covers all the topics as "classically" simply and fundamentally as they ought to be..especially for electronic-devices-components, the phenomena in various devices such as bjt's fet's scr's arent well explained...all i could find are summaries of the points...so I'm desperately in search of atleast a book for each of the topics...

a book for electronic-devices-components - "the art of electronics"- by paul horrowitz and winfield hill ... is it really that great?
thanks in advance..

Engineering news on Phys.org

Bassalisk said:
1. Signals and Systems. Alan V. Oppenheim. https://www.amazon.com/dp/0138147574/?tag=pfamazon01-20

2. Electronic Principles. Albert Malvino https://www.amazon.com/dp/0028028333/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Without doubt the best books I own. I can't imagine my daily learning, without opening at least one of them.

Dear Bassalisk, thanks alot! I've made my mind to own the 'alan oppenheim' for SS..can you name any other books for electronic principles?

peeyush_ali said:
Dear Bassalisk, thanks alot! I've made my mind to own the 'alan oppenheim' for SS..can you name any other books for electronic principles?

Well Electronic principles is the book which covers everything that you will need to understand electric circuits.

Book is really well made. But other than Malvino, Electric Circuits by Nilsson is not bad if you are going to need basics for high voltage subjects.

Other than Electronic principles, I use google a lot. But like I said, this book is really well made.

1. What are some good introductory books for signals and systems?

Some good introductory books for signals and systems include "Signals and Systems" by Alan V. Oppenheim and Alan S. Willsky, "Signals and Systems Made Ridiculously Simple" by Zoher Z. Karu, and "Signals and Systems: Analysis Using Transform Methods and MATLAB" by M.J. Roberts.

2. Are there any books that focus specifically on electronic devices?

Yes, there are several books that focus specifically on electronic devices. Some popular options include "Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory" by Robert L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, "Electronic Devices and Circuits" by Theodore F. Bogart Jr. and Jeffrey S. Beasley, and "Electronic Devices: Conventional Current Version" by Thomas L. Floyd.

3. I am looking for a book that covers both signals and systems and electronic devices. Any recommendations?

One book that covers both signals and systems and electronic devices is "Signals and Systems with MATLAB Computing and Simulink Modeling" by Steven T. Karris. It integrates the two topics and also includes practical applications and MATLAB simulations.

4. Are there any books that provide hands-on examples and exercises for signals and systems?

Yes, there are several books that provide hands-on examples and exercises for signals and systems. Some options include "Signals and Systems: Continuous and Discrete" by Rodger E. Ziemer and William H. Tranter, "Signals and Systems using MATLAB" by Luis Chaparro, and "Signals and Systems: A Primer with MATLAB" by Matthew N.O. Sadiku.

5. Can you recommend a book that covers advanced topics in electronic devices?

For advanced topics in electronic devices, you may want to consider "Microelectronics: Circuit Analysis and Design" by Donald A. Neamen, "Electronic Devices and Amplifier Circuits" by Steven T. Karris, or "Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology" by Simon M. Sze and Kwok K. Ng.