Do women really look at a man's shoes?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary: Recently there was a discussion here on open-back tops, are people shallow for judging women on the tops they wear?Women who appreciate a pair of shoes are shallow, but people who find open-back tops poor...From what I've heard, men in general couldn't care less about what women wear at all. That's why women are the superficial ones, men only cares about what lies beneath.Yes, men are profound that way.Women pay attention to a man's whole wardrobe, not just the shoes.
Lisa! said:
So our shoes say a lot about us!:uhh:

That's why I always wear something in a spring supported work boot. Nothing says "classy" like a good spring boot.

https://shoes.zcoil.com/Images/workforce2_0.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Ivan Seeking, I love those! I was thinking about buying these..

http://www.pantofisexy.ro/1152-1977-thickbox/botine-bp-579-mather-cizme-cu-talpa-ortopedica-cu-gol-marimi-35-42-din-lac-si-din-piele-ecologica.jpg

But the panther print comes out better in these...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c190.0.403.403/p403x403/582650_393264214072227_1331036627_n.jpg

I think I'll go for the last one, they'd really fit me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monique said:
Hey Ivan Seeking, I love those! I was thinking about buying these..

http://www.pantofisexy.ro/1152-1977-thickbox/botine-bp-579-mather-cizme-cu-talpa-ortopedica-cu-gol-marimi-35-42-din-lac-si-din-piele-ecologica.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c190.0.403.403/p403x403/582650_393264214072227_1331036627_n.jpg

I think I'll go for the last one, they'd really fit me.
OMG! Thank goodness I had just finshed swallowing before I saw this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I've had my heart set on getting a pair of these

attachment.php?attachmentid=53467&d=1354219133.jpg

Attachments

• platform shoes.jpg
    platform shoes.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 538
Yesterday it was Evo in a shredded bathrobe, today it is Evo and Monique on high heels. Is there some plot behind?

Borek said:
Yesterday it was Evo in a shredded bathrobe, today it is Evo and Monique on high heels. Is there some plot behind?
These would look lovely with my new bathrobe.

You'd bump your head going through the bathroom door, unless you are 5ft 4in or less tall.

Standard US door height is 6ft 8inches (80 inches / 2.032m) Those things look like they add 16 inches to a women's height. So a woman that was 5ft 5inches tall would have to duck to avoid a head bump when exiting thru most modern exterior doors here.

And the consequences or losing your balance...

And yes, older houses in the Southwest and in Europe sometimes have very tiny doors. My house in Domingo NM had one exterior door that was 62 inches high. So exiting this would be really entertaining, elevator-super-shoe-wise. For the observer, not the victim...

I bought a black pair of these, and I loved them. As they were wearing out, I commented "Maybe I should consider a brown pair next." By the time they actually wore out, I had firmly changed my mind back to black. The two women in my life, my wife and my six-year-old daughter, both said "Brown." I got brown.

202626_33217_41?rgn=0,0,1000,1154&scl=2.336448598130841&id=1U3EnqX1WCP457CBWqD0Ik.jpg
202626_1_41?rgn=0,0,1000,1154&scl=2.336448598130841&id=2kLF8CGAxzTGuyaQRFusgr.jpg

I feel this is like asking if Men really look at a woman's shoes. The answer is "probably". And the rest of the answer is "but each person has different tastes and even people with the same tastes will still have different opinions and differ on how much the shoes matter."

I just would never, ever think of a person in terms of the shoes they select, except maybe to think they waste a lot of money on shoes. I honestly would not be able to tell you what brand of shoes you're wearing unless it has a visible name showing or Sperry Topsiders, but that's because I used to sail.

If someone were to look at my shoes, the impression they should get is "this person views shoes as functional and practical". I am not a shoe person. I'm also not into purses, I select my purses by looking INSIDE to see how many dividers and "pouches" there are to keep my items separated and in order for easy access and by how comfortable they are. I don't care what they look like.

Btw George, those look comfortable and practical, I approve.

Last edited:
Evo said:
I just would never, ever think of a person in terms of the shoes they select, except maybe to think they waste a lot of money on shoes.

I must admit, if I met someone in a tavern wearing tap shoes or bunny slippers, I might think them odd. But not enough to deter me from talking to them - in fact, probably the opposite.

If someone were to look at my shoes, the impression they should get is "this person views shoes as functional and practical". I am not a shoe person. I'm also not into purses, I select my purses by looking INSIDE to see how many dividers and "pouches" there are to keep my items separated and in order for easy access and by how comfortable they are. I don't care what they look like.

Normally I'd get the "functional and practical" stamp, too. Right now I'm on break at work, where we have to wear steel-toed shoes. HUGE Doc Martins (no such thing as dainty steel-toe boots). I wonder what kind of impression they make.

George Jones said:
I bought a black pair of these, and I loved them. As they were wearing out, I commented "Maybe I should consider a brown pair next." By the time they actually wore out, I had firmly changed my mind back to black. The two women in my life, my wife and my six-year-old daughter, both said "Brown." I got brown.
Can you get New Balance shoes in the great white north? I have two pairs of NB walking shoes, that were originally designed for and endorsed by the US Postal Service. They are very comfortable, and decent-looking.

lisab said:
Normally I'd get the "functional and practical" stamp, too. Right now I'm on break at work, where we have to wear steel-toed shoes. HUGE Doc Martins (no such thing as dainty steel-toe boots). I wonder what kind of impression they make.
Just wear them with a short skirt, seems to be the rage right now. :yuck:

Attachments

• Ugly ankle boots.jpg
    Ugly ankle boots.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 466
turbo said:
Can you get New Balance shoes in the great white north? I have two pairs of NB walking shoes, that were originally designed for and endorsed by the US Postal Service. They are very comfortable, and decent-looking.

Yes, I have considered New Balance. The above are World Tour by Rockport. A bit pricey, but I love them, and they were 40% off when I got my last pair.

George Jones said:
Yes, I have considered New Balance. The above are World Tour by Rockport. A bit pricey, but I love them, and they were 40% off when I got my last pair.
Rockport is a good line.

Evo said:
Well the image is appropriately entitled ugly ankle boots. :rolleyes:

Monique said:

Oh yeah, throw in a spiked panther print belt and you be stylen!

Evo said:

... What's wrong with them? :confused:

Here's one I got the last couple of months- and I like it.
http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Large/7/_6956687.jpg

Gad said:

http://g-lvl3.nordstromimage.com/imagegallery/store/product/Large/7/_6956687.jpg
Do you wear them with super short flimsy dresses?

It's not the shoes (I like those), it's what's they're worn with.

Gad said:

Nice! I have a similar pair! Mine have a shorter heel, though. With leggings they look great with a skirt. And low fuzzy socks are nice with that look too.

It's this look that doesn't go together. She's wearing a light summer dress with winter boots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=53471&d=1354231294.jpg

Oh, I see your point. Everything have to fit together for sure.

This is a nice look:

din-sko-boots-h-m-skirt-h-m-jumper_400.jpg

lisab said:
Nice! I have a similar pair! Mine have a shorter heel, though. With leggings they look great with a skirt. And low fuzzy socks are nice with that look too.

Are you watching me? :tongue: