End of year contest, $75+$50 prize

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there will be a calculation of the top posters for each main forum in 2013, and a winner will be randomly drawn for a $75 Amazon gift card. There will also be a $50 gift card for second place. Additionally, an anonymous member has donated $50 for a second place prize. The top 5 posters for each forum will also be released. There are 9 days left to participate and the winner will be announced tomorrow. Congratulations to bhobba and sophiecentaur for winning the top posters of Quantum Mechanics and General Engineering, respectively. Keep up the good work!
contest.png

I will be calculating who the top posters of each main forum for the year of 2013 (Quantum Mechanics, Biology, General Engineering etc...). I will then pool all the top posters and randomly draw a winner (you just have to trust me). The prize will be a $75 Amazon gift card. We also have a $50 gift card for second place!

Just for fun I will also release a table of the top 5 posters of each forum for 2013.

You have two weeks! Go! :smile:

* this just in, a generous anonymous member has donated $50 as a second prize!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Rhut-Rho!

I suppose these posts require actual content with merit, not "thanks!". "yeah", "great", "me too".

WannabeNewton wins the QM top poster by default. :smile:

Do you take bribes?

Are you going to give $75 to get the prize? :biggrin:

Let's say $35 goes back to Greg...

Greg Bernhardt said:
contest.png
I will be calculating who the top posters of each main forum for the year of 2013

What, precisely, does "top poster" mean? Kindly provide a detailed description of such an entity.

. . . ugh, just playing about the detailed description thing. :)

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
contest.png
That is one spiffy trophy! Can I get that under my user name? :!)

Breaking news! an anonymous member has donated $50 as a second place prize! Awesome!

Dang! I should have been posting my responses above the quoted question in my replies all this time. Surely I would have won "Top Poster" then...

Likes 1 person
LCKurtz said:
Dang! I should have been posting my responses above the quoted question in my replies all this time. Surely I would have won "Top Poster" then...
Lol.

It's bad enough to have people begging for thanks without giving them even more incentives.

jedishrfu said:
What about a top thanks award?

Most of the top thanked members are nominated for the homework help award :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
9 days left! There are some close calls!

The trick is to just report a post every 60 seconds and win top poster in the Mentor's Forum.

Office_Shredder said:
The trick is to just report a post every 60 seconds and win top poster in the Mentor's Forum.
Lol! Except for when we ban them for abusing the report button!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

$75 prize awarded to bhobba with 1082 quantum mechanics posts in 2013
$50 prize awarded to sophiecentaur with 636 electrical engineering posts in 2013

Congrats people! Keep it up! :D

What is the "End of year contest"?

The "End of year contest" is an annual competition that is held at the end of each year. It is organized to encourage and reward individuals who have made significant contributions in their field of study or research.

What is the prize for the "End of year contest"?

The prize for the "End of year contest" varies each year, but for this particular contest, the prize is $75 for the first place winner and $50 for the second place winner. This prize money can be used towards further research or personal development in the winner's field of study.

How can I participate in the "End of year contest"?

To participate in the "End of year contest", you must submit your research or contribution to the designated organizers by the specified deadline. The submission can be in the form of a written paper, presentation, or any other medium deemed appropriate by the organizers.

Who is eligible to participate in the "End of year contest"?

The "End of year contest" is open to all individuals who have made significant contributions in their field of study or research. This includes scientists, researchers, students, and professionals from any discipline or institution.

How is the winner of the "End of year contest" determined?

The winner of the "End of year contest" is determined by a panel of judges who evaluate the submissions based on criteria such as originality, impact, and relevance to the field. The judges' decision is final and cannot be contested.