Who to interview (astronomy high school project)

In summary, for your astronomy high school project, it would be best to interview someone with expertise in the field, such as an astronomer or astrophysicist. You can find potential interviewees through local astronomy clubs, universities, or online directories. When conducting the interview, it is important to have well thought-out questions covering the person's background, current research, thoughts on developments in the field, and advice for aspiring astronomers. The length of the interview should be around 30-60 minutes, and it can be done remotely if necessary. However, an in-person interview may be more beneficial for building a connection and gathering non-verbal information.
Southpaw
I need to interview an astronomer for a high school project. At the astronomy.net forums, another member recommended these as a good place to find one.

Any takers?

Physics news on Phys.org
i know a really interesting one who may be able to help.. I'll send you a personal message with details.

Thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely check out the astronomy.net forums. In terms of who to interview for my high school project, I think it would be great to speak with an astronomer who specializes in a particular area of astronomy, such as planetary science, cosmology, or astrophysics. It would also be interesting to interview an astronomer who works at a specific research institute or observatory. Ultimately, I am looking for someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about their field of study and can provide unique insights and perspectives. Are there any specific individuals you would recommend reaching out to? Thanks again for your help!

1. Who should I interview for my astronomy high school project?

The best person to interview for your astronomy high school project would be someone who has expertise in the field of astronomy, such as an astronomer, astrophysicist, or science educator. You can also consider interviewing amateur astronomers or individuals who have a strong interest in astronomy.

2. How can I find someone to interview for my project?

You can start by reaching out to local astronomy clubs or organizations, universities or colleges with astronomy programs, or science museums. You can also search for experts in the field through online directories or professional organizations like the American Astronomical Society.

3. What should I ask during the interview?

It is important to have a set of well-thought-out questions that will provide you with valuable information for your project. Some good topics to cover in your interview could include the person's background and experience in astronomy, their current research or projects, their thoughts on current developments in the field, and advice for aspiring astronomers.

4. How long should the interview be?

The length of the interview will depend on your project and the availability of the person you are interviewing. It is important to have enough time to cover all of your questions and gather the necessary information, but also be respectful of the person's time. A good guideline would be to aim for an interview duration of 30-60 minutes.

5. Can I conduct the interview remotely?

Yes, with advancements in technology, it is possible to conduct interviews remotely through video conferencing or phone calls. However, if possible, an in-person interview may be more beneficial in terms of building a connection with the person and gathering more information through non-verbal cues.