Real-life cat burglar trashes apartment

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, a real-life cat burglar broke into an apartment in Germany and caused significant damage, including destroying furniture and eating fish from an aquarium. The police were called and found the intruder still on the premises, but were bitten by the cat before finally apprehending it.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9131764/
Real-life cat burglar trashes German apartment
Feline broke in and destroyed furniture, ate fish in aquarium, police say

BERLIN - German police called to a break-in at an apartment in the northern town of Itzstedt found the intruder still on the premises and hiding under a kitchen cabinet.

The “cat burglar” had somehow crawled into the ground-floor of the apartment, broken window blinds, torn down drapes and trashed furniture.

Police also found fish and fish remains from a broken aquarium scattered around the apartment, said Julika Reinhardt, spokesman for the police in the town north of Hamburg.

Physics news on Phys.org
but the heavyweight male resisted arrest, biting one officer on the thumb before they both managed to overpower it.

Now them'r real men. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I would first analyze the evidence at the scene to determine if the intruder was indeed a cat. This would involve examining any potential claw marks or fur left behind, as well as any other physical evidence that could point to the culprit.

If it was determined that a cat was responsible, I would then look into potential reasons for this behavior. Cats are known to be curious and agile, so it is possible that the cat was simply exploring and accidentally caused the damage. However, if there were signs of intentional destruction, I would consider factors such as stress or a lack of proper stimulation for the cat.

I would also take into account the environment of the apartment and any potential triggers for the cat's behavior. For example, if there were other pets or loud noises that could have caused the cat to become anxious and act out.

In any case, it is important to remember that cats, like all animals, have their own unique personalities and behaviors. It is important for pet owners to provide a safe and stimulating environment for their pets to prevent destructive behaviors. In this case, it is fortunate that the cat was found and returned to its owner safely.

1. What is a cat burglar?

A cat burglar is a term used to describe a thief who specializes in breaking into homes or other buildings to steal valuable items, similar to how a cat sneaks around quietly.

2. Is this story about an actual cat?

No, the term "cat" in cat burglar is not referring to the animal, but rather to the stealth and agility of the thief.

3. How did the cat burglar gain access to the apartment?

The cat burglar most likely gained access to the apartment by picking the lock or using another method to bypass the locks on the doors or windows.

4. What kind of damage did the cat burglar cause?

The cat burglar may have caused damage to the locks, doors, or windows, as well as any items that were moved or broken during the burglary.

5. How can I protect my home from a cat burglar?

To protect your home from a cat burglar, make sure to have good quality locks on all doors and windows, use a security system, and consider installing motion-activated lights. It is also important to keep valuables out of sight and to avoid posting about vacations or expensive purchases on social media.