Let's See Your Holiday Decorations

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary: I'm from there. In summary, people decorated their homes or offices for the Holidays. People's pictures of their decorated homes or offices can be found on the website.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
I'm sure many of you have decorated your homes or offices for the Holidays. Let's see them! Post your pictures on here!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, people might be shy to share. So here's mine:

We have 3 trees this year, 2 full sized, one small. As with previous years, we have one non-disney tree, one completely disney tree, and a new, smaller one that has only Disney globe ornaments.

First, the non-Disney tree that is in the living room.

img4518j.jpg

img4534ql.jpg

BTW, even with this non-Disney tree, there is an unintentional "Hidden Mickey" in this tree. Can you spot it? :)

There are several Disney-themed holiday decorations in the living room. This is on a side table.
img4526zj.jpg

And these are on the console table behind the sofa.
img4519v.jpg

img4520u.jpg

Up in the bedroom level, I have this displayed on a cabinet.
img4523e.jpg

And now, comes the Family room where the majority of the Disney decorations are. First and foremost, there's the main Disney tree. It is populated 100% with Disney ornaments, and the poor tree is now sagging from the weight of the numerous ornaments.
img4493hl.jpg

img4494rz.jpg

As you might be able to tell, this is also where I have my "wall of pins". The following are a few close-ups of the various ornaments that I have on the tree.
img4495jh.jpg

img4496l.jpg

img4497i.jpg

img4498i.jpg

img4499c.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3724/img4501xd.jpg

img4502i.jpg

img4503c.jpg

img4505cz.jpg

img4506w.jpg

img4508v.jpg

img4509kk.jpg

There's something interesting about the tree. I typically host 2 holiday parties for my friends each year. We normally get large crowds (typically between 12-25 people). One game that we play is that in the Disney tree, we hide two small Tweety ornaments. So I tell everyone that in the Disney tree, there are two "hidden Tweetys". The first person to find a hidden Tweety on the tree wins a prize!.

I think you can guess the commotion after that, because everyone will try to crowd around the tree, and at some point, people are crawling on the floor, contorting themselves in different positions, trying to find these hidden Tweetys! It is a lot of fun, and we do this every year! :)

cont...

Last edited by a moderator:
... cont.

The other tree sits on a console cabinet behind the sofa in the family room as well. It has only Disney globe ornaments. It is flanked on both side by Donald holiday figurines, and a giant Mickey on the floor on one side.

img4511e.jpg

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/3201/img4537z.jpg

A couple of holiday wall hangings in the Family room.
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/5131/img4513f.jpg

img4514a.jpg

That stocking is pretty huge, as you can guess from just looking at it.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

Doc Al said:
Wow!

Is this "wow" as in amazingly good, or "wow" as in "you need to go seek help"?

:)

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Uhh... lots of the first and a bit of the second! :rofl:

I don't have any decorations at home but we have a tree in the office.

11v4ooz.jpg

And yes, its decorated with random parts and crap that we found laying around the office.

ZapperZ said:

Zz.

OMG. If my sister-in-law saw these photos, she would first die of jealousy and then demand your address so she could visit and pay homage.

Our Christmas card this year...

Attachments

• dr-t-mantle.jpg
    dr-t-mantle.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 420
My wife and get a pretty nice wreath each year from a neighbor (this year's is in the shape of a peace sign) along with sprays of evergreens and red berries. They are all outside. Inside decorations consist of displayed Christmas cards/pictures and some funky figurines and a few old-looking ornaments hanging here and there. Nothing to see here, folks! Move along.

Dr Transport said:
Our Christmas card this year...

That's very nice, looks cozy and warm.

Um...basketball...?

Wow, Zapper, that's fantastic.

You have some mighty big balls.

Ivan Seeking said:
Wow, Zapper, that's fantastic.

You have some mighty big balls.

I will take that as a compliment.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I will take that as a compliment.

And not one that I hand out very often.

We got this Hannukiah (candlabra) that has lightbulbs instead of candles. Each night you screw more of them in until the whole thing is lit up. Tonight's the first night, so we screw in the central one and one of the soldier ones. As you do, you recite a blessing. Blessed be G-d, ruler of the universe, who blessed us with his commandments, and commanded us to screw in the lightbulbs of Hannukah.

eg3fbq.jpg

Incredible Zz, I have never seen that many Disney pins, two walls full of them, framed. I have been to Disney at least 10 times while my daughter was growing up. For you to collect that many pins you must have been there many more times than that. I don't collect them, but if I did I would seek you out for some rare ones to be sure. I have been to the original Disneyland on the west coast a couple of times as well.

Rhody...

lisab said:
That's very nice, looks cozy and warm.

Um...basketball...?

Not quite, water polo ball, oldest like to play rugby in 8 feet of water and youngest is an up and coming trumpet player. Mom likes to snuggle up in a sleigh with lots of blankets and I starting my beard to be a Santa next year (and I will not have to die my beard white either).

Sorry about the size I do not manage to control. Maybe you have to press Ctrl and rotate a mouse wheel or something.

I will take the decorations down on 6th of January.

Immagine005.jpg

At the inn

DSCN3426.jpg

there was no room for the night.

CopiadiDSCN3421.jpg

Born in a manger

Angelsdidsing3432.jpg

The Angels did sing

DSCN3429.jpg

to certain poor shepherds

DSCN3431.jpg

in fields

DSCN3434.jpg

There came three Kings from the East

Giftsoffrankincensegoldandmyrrh.jpg

bearing gifts of frankincense, gold and myrrh -

Copia2diDSCN3428.jpg

for we have seen the star in the East!
Immagine002.jpg

Unto us a son is born!

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of "Let's See Your Holiday Decorations"?

The purpose of "Let's See Your Holiday Decorations" is to encourage individuals to share and showcase their holiday decorations with others. This can foster a sense of community and holiday spirit, as well as provide inspiration for others looking to decorate their own homes.

2. How do I participate in "Let's See Your Holiday Decorations"?

To participate, simply take photos of your holiday decorations and share them on social media or with friends and family. You can also use hashtags like #HolidayDecorations or #LetsSeeYourDecorations to join in on the conversation and connect with others who are also sharing their holiday decorations.

3. Is there a specific time frame for sharing holiday decorations?

No, there is no specific time frame for sharing holiday decorations. Some individuals may start decorating early in the season, while others may wait until closer to the holiday. The important thing is to share your decorations whenever you feel comfortable and excited to do so.

4. Can I share decorations from any holiday?

While "Let's See Your Holiday Decorations" typically refers to decorations for traditional winter holidays such as Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa, you can share decorations from any holiday that you celebrate. This can include decorations for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or even lesser-known holidays from different cultures.

5. How can sharing holiday decorations benefit society?

Sharing holiday decorations can benefit society in many ways. It can bring people together and foster a sense of community, promote creativity and inspiration, and spread joy and positivity during the holiday season. It can also help to preserve cultural traditions and celebrate diversity by showcasing different types of decorations from various cultures and backgrounds.