F1 Enthusiasts: Who's Better - Alonso or Hamilton?

• Thread starter ank_gl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hamilton
In summary, the conversation mainly discusses the ongoing debate between F1 enthusiasts about who is better between Alonso and Hamilton. Some believe that Hamilton is the better driver due to his impressive performances, while others argue that Alonso will come out on top due to his experience and strategy. The conversation also touches on other drivers like Raikkonen and Massa, and their chances of becoming champion. The overall tone is biased and passionate, with some playful banter and arguments between fans of different drivers.
ank_gl
hi all F1 enthusiasts(if there are some here), i would like yo know who ,according to you, is better, ALONSO Vs HAMILTON?
my money is on Hamilton, Mclaren purposely didnt allow Hamilton to run the last flying lap(Monaco GP), when he still could have got another go. he was light on fuel, so could have easily made it to the pole. but Mclaren is afraid of ALONSO Vs HAMILTON saga. Hamilton was also asked to slow down during last minutes to reduce pressure on Alonso.
Hamilton; what a find he has been, awesomely amazing!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes He [ham] Is Very Good But Time Will Tell
If He Is Wdc Or Second Place To The Current 2 Time Champ

I think Alonso will edge it even though Mclaren are clearly biased against him. The first four races they had him on the inferior strategy and they need to give him more of the respect he deserves and not just support the English guy because they're an English team.

Hamilton is impressive! He's been on the podium every race that has taken place. Now, who stands on the podium cannot be controlled by the McLaren team. Did you see Sato overtaking Alonso in the last race? Although I suspect that Alonso was having problems, with him going over the chicane near the second turn a few times.

I'm in a dilemma. I was a McLaren-Hakkinen supporter ever since I started watching F1. Then started supporting Raikkonen when he came in. But he was never given a good car to drive. Now he is off to Ferrari, with barely any good performances this year till now. And now McLaren is going great guns!:uhh:

see hamilton did it in Canada

Hamilton will win the series this year, baring some accident that takes him out
for several races, Alonso? i am not sure he should come second, but a
demoralised driver tends to have more mishaps.

now what would you call the yesterday's race. it was awwwweeesome.
the perfect setup for an awesome race. sunshine - rain - sunshine - rain again. it was awesome. i am a bit upset for massa though but hey, hamilton is the man.
10th on the starting grid, 5th during the first lap, again to the back of the grid, slip to the gravel, toed back to the track, one full lab behind everone, still manages to come 9th. man, what is this boy?? i am not sure if even schumi could do that(well he did it last year in the monaco gp, but not quite like this)
the brit is going to be the champion!

again a bit upset for ferrari, kimi could have done it but for the hydraulics, he couldnt.
n i hate alonso for his ruthless comments, but hats off to fernando, the way he overtook massa was just amazing!

Last edited:
The only drivers that are any good in the rain are Fernando and Button. Not sure Hamilton's performance really was all that good. He was off the track more often than not.

Yeah but great race.

well it was that delay when lewis was left on the gravel, that got him. he was left a full lap behind from there. he was full 20 seconds behind trulli. but still he managed a 9th spot. lewis clocked the fastest lap for so many laps.
and best driver in wet condition is massa for me but just bad pit stop timing got him

Kurdt said:
Not sure Hamilton's performance really was all that good. He was off the track more often than not.

and when he was lying on the gravels , he was accompanied by 6 other drivers also. that corner was a mess.
even the safety car skidded over there. though it was fun to watch:devil::devil:

Alono's a whinger -- but then I'm biased :biggrin:

yea right. i m also biased against him

Alonso is the daddy and you're all fools to ignore his might. And I am completely non-biased. :tongue2:

that guy sucks. all the time he is complaining. last year, he argued that renault was biased with fishichella, now he says Mclaren is with lewis. he just never stops complaining.
n last day also, it was some bad pit stop timing of ferrari that alonso won although i do appreciate the way he overtook massa. he is a master tactician.

Hamilton is certainly the most determined.

yea i am amazed by the determination of the young brit. he tried so hard even for the 8th spot that is 1 point.
go hamilton.

Raikkonen will be CHAMPION!

yea kimi is in line for 2 years now, but the poor guy always falls out. sometimes i am confused who the main driver of ferrari is: kimi or filipe

neutrino said:
Raikkonen will be CHAMPION!

Champion Monotone :tongue2:

HAMILTON DONT CRY.. you can't be better!, no problem...

all of us know why hamilton have 97 points !

don`t you remember nurbungreen?

don`t you see the truth?

hamilton is one more pilot, isn`t world champion!:cry:

:!) hamilton is in Mclaren by the girl,

without alonso´s settings can´t made goods times

welcome to the real world..
"SPANISH POWER HAS COME TO F1 ARE YOU READY?:devil:"

The stars must be grinning on Alonso and Raikkonen. Brazil is going to be great! It's unlikely that either of two will win it, but after seeing today's race, I'm a little bit more optimistic for Kimi.

Alonso will have the title yet again. Hamilton will get another DNF to add to his stats.

hamilton is most likely to finish as champion, kurdt. accept the fact.
and there is easily no chance of kimi making it, although i support kimi a lil more than i do for hamilton

I must admit I am a bit of a die hard fan if you hadn't guessed. Not much of a stretch of the imagination though to see Alonso lift the title even though its unlikely. Just needs to win and hamilton to finish no higher than 3rd. With Massa and Raikonnen in the mix that could be possible. Alonso needs to sort his qualifying out first though.

yeah i know, same is with me for kimi and ferrari, but my hopes are all gone. mclaren has the pie in both hands, its win-win for them anyways

Unless Massa, with nothing to lose, can do a schumi on the two McLarens.

Let us all wait for the first turn at Interlagos.

what did schumi do?
and also it is more likely for massa to finish on top as it is his home gp

He took out Damon Hill deliberately to win the title.

Hamilton is more profesional than Alonso, he has been bred into the sport.

I think in recent weeks he's betrayed a bit of that professional facade that he's been putting up with the pressure. Hes constantly whining to the press about this, that and the other while Alonso is just getting on with it. Also the incident at Hungary where he disobeyed team orders and then got Alonso penalised for it was not particularly professional. the press in England were particularly awful when they instantly assumed it was Alonso's fault before all the facts had come out. Hamilton does not drive particularly well either as all his tyre problems have shown us. He is always locking up and sliding the rear end which caused that delamination of one of the front tyres and the recent problems in shanghai. Not very good when you consider neither of the other top 3 had those problems and they all ran the same time or longer on their tyres.

Kurdt, i think Hamiltons problems are technical and political, Alonso s are skill.

: Alonso is perfectly well endowed in the skills department thank you. :smile:

Kurdt said:
: Alonso is perfectly well endowed in the skills department thank you. :smile:

I would love to put some of the lower ranking drivers in Alonso s car, i would bet that they would equal or better his performance, may be Hamilton was just in the right place at the right time, however it does not detract from his rookie introduction into F1.

Alonso and Hammy aren't that far apart throughout the season. Alonso did have the disadvantage of not having driven on bridgestones though.

If you're talking super-rookies that has to be Vettel this season. And Hamilton's driving was atrocious behind the safety car. It was only the fact that Ecclestone loves him that he escaped any penalty.