Removing/creating phase lag or lead in circuit

In summary, the speaker is experiencing issues with the transition of their square wave in relation to their sine wave. They are looking for a way to shift the transition to occur only at 0 or 360 degrees. They are using an op-amp and resistors for their load and generating the sine wave from a clock oscillator. They are also looking for a way to generate a waveform around 100kHz, as their current controller is not capable of doing so. They are also interested in finding a chip that can clean up their square wave and produce a +/- output similar to a schmitt trigger.
edmondng
My square wave is lagging/leading the sine wave (depending how you interpret it). i want to make the transition of my square wave be at 0 deg for the sine wave. right now the square wave transitions at 130 deg of the sine wave

how can i shift this so that it transitions only at 0 deg or 360 deg. is there some things you can do in the circuit?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
We would need to know the nature of the circuit -- what the waveform generation circuit looks like, and what the load is for each waveform.

one is a sine wave
the other is a square wave.
at the rising edge of sine, i want the square to rise too.
right now, as the square wave rises, the sine wave is at 124deg (ie decreasing)

the load? comes out from an op-amp, just resistors to gnd

between, i generated the sine from a clock oscillator, filter it out to get the sine. any other easier way? I need to generate something around 100kHz and the controller i am using now is not capable of putting out a DAC that will go that fast.
also are there any chips to clean up my square that will put out +- Vout much like a schmitt trigger only capable of putting out -ve Vout

[img=http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1655/tek00000mg3.th.png]

Last edited:

1. What is phase lag/lead in a circuit?

Phase lag or lead in a circuit refers to the time difference between the input and output signals of a system. It is measured in degrees and can be caused by various factors such as capacitance, inductance, and resistance in the circuit.

2. Why is phase lag/lead important in circuit design?

Phase lag/lead is important in circuit design because it affects the stability and performance of the circuit. A large phase lag can lead to oscillations and instability, while a large phase lead can cause the circuit to be too responsive and prone to overcompensation.

3. How can phase lag/lead be removed in a circuit?

Phase lag/lead can be removed in a circuit by using passive components such as capacitors and inductors to cancel out the effects of the lag/lead. This can be achieved through careful selection and placement of these components in the circuit.

4. Can phase lag/lead be created intentionally in a circuit?

Yes, phase lag/lead can be intentionally created in a circuit to achieve specific results. For example, a phase lead can be used to improve the stability of a system, while a phase lag can be used to filter out unwanted frequencies.

5. Are there any disadvantages to removing/creating phase lag/lead in a circuit?

There can be disadvantages to removing/creating phase lag/lead in a circuit, such as increased complexity and cost of the circuit design. Additionally, if not done carefully, it can result in unintended consequences such as causing the circuit to become unstable or introducing unwanted noise.