Perfect practice makes perfect

• Thread starter Daniel Y.
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for a place to practice Algebra II and Trigonometry with a lot of problems and answers. They currently use their textbook but want more practice. They are asking for recommendations for websites or books that have a large quantity of practice problems. They are also advised to use online forums for help and to focus on understanding and correctly solving fewer problems rather than relying on automated solutions.
Daniel Y.
Hi f(r)iends! I was wondering if any of you knew a place I could practice my Algebra II and Trigonometry - some place that had a *LOT* of practice problems (and, of course, answers).

I don't know about you guys, but for me, understanding the concepts aren't hard, it's being able to do any of the problems faster than you can say conjugate. I remedy this by (in my Algebra II class, for instance) doing all the problems my book has for that section, and checking in the back of the book to see if I got them right (odd only, sadly). The problem is, there are only 30-40 problems (so only 20 I can check), and I want more, dang it!

So do you guys know of a website, or a book I could buy, or something which has lots and lots (and lots) of practice problems for Algebra (II) and Trigonometry? Any step in the right direction would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Books with questions, i.e. exercises can easily be found on the internet, e.g. https://openstax.org/subjects
For practice and solutions use our homework forums, but don't forget to tell us what you have done to solve it. A solution automaton is no good idea. It will only help you in the moment. In order to learn something from practising, you better do fewer, but correct exercises which you understood. If you need help, ask us!

What does "perfect practice makes perfect" mean?

"Perfect practice makes perfect" means that by consistently practicing something in the correct way, one can achieve a high level of proficiency and mastery in that particular skill or task.

Is "perfect practice makes perfect" a scientific concept?

While the phrase is not necessarily a scientific concept in itself, it is based on the principles of deliberate practice and neuroplasticity, which have been extensively studied and supported by scientific research.

How does "perfect practice makes perfect" apply to learning and skill development?

Research has shown that deliberate practice, which involves consistent and focused effort towards improving specific skills, is a crucial factor in achieving expertise in a particular domain. By practicing something in the correct way, one can increase their chances of mastering that skill.

Can anyone achieve perfection through "perfect practice makes perfect"?

While perfection is often seen as unattainable, the concept of "perfect practice makes perfect" suggests that consistent and focused effort towards improvement can lead to a high level of proficiency. However, individual factors such as natural ability and motivation may also play a role in achieving perfection.

Are there any limitations to the concept of "perfect practice makes perfect"?

While deliberate practice can greatly improve one's skills and abilities, it is not always a guarantee of achieving perfection. Other factors such as external circumstances and opportunities may also impact one's level of proficiency. Additionally, the definition of "perfect" may vary among individuals and may not be attainable for everyone.