Chat Open 1/18: Join Physics Forums Chat Now

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the chat on the Physics Forums website is only open on Sundays for a few hours, typically from 10am to 4pm central time. This limited time allows for it to remain a fun and engaging activity for users. However, there have been instances where the chat stays open a bit longer. For those in different time zones, the chat may be available during dinner time or even after midnight.
Here you go.
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Greg! :smile:

We all (at least I did) had a good time today Greg. Thanks.

Psst, it is still open :wink:

Still open. Come join in the fun!

Thanks Greg!

is this chat only open on that specific day or what's up?

cuz I'm getting a 404 page not found error :P

would be cool if we had a chat that was open 24/7

Chat is normally up on a Sunday for a few hours. If chat was open 24/7 it would direct people away from the main focus of the site which is the forum based community. The advantage of having it as a limited treat is that it doesn't get boring quickly.

Sundays and a few hours?
When will these "few hours" be?
(since some of us from almost 12+ hours different time zones!)

Thank you!

Times are 10am - 4pm central time roughly. It often stays open a bit longer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it translates to something like 5 p.m. - 11 p.m. GMT (plus minus one hour).

CST is GMT - 6hrs. So 4pm - 10pm GMT.

Around diner time! :biggrin:

Ermm, that makes it around after midnight, on the 19th for all your PF friends here in the far east!

:uhh:

Chat today Greg?

1. What is "Chat Open 1/18"?

"Chat Open 1/18" is a specific date and time for a chat session on Physics Forums. It is an opportunity for members to join a live conversation and discuss various topics related to physics and science.

2. How do I join the chat?

To join the chat, simply click on the "Chat Now" button on the Physics Forums website during the designated time. This will open a chat window where you can participate in the conversation with other members.

3. Is there a specific topic for the chat?

No, the chat is open for any and all physics-related discussions. However, there may be certain themes or questions suggested by the moderators to guide the conversation.

4. Do I need to be a member to join the chat?

Yes, only registered members of Physics Forums can participate in the chat. If you are not a member yet, you can easily create an account for free on the Physics Forums website.

5. Can I ask for help with a specific problem during the chat?

The chat is not intended for one-on-one help with specific problems. However, you can ask for general advice or clarification on concepts related to your problem. For specific help, it is best to post your question on the appropriate forum on Physics Forums.