Is wrapping a bacon sandwich in foil the best way to keep it hot?

• Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to contain a hot substance is to put it in a Tupperware container with the shiny side going inside.
jimmy p
Gold Member
Ok, so I was late for work today (as usual), and I had my bacon sandwich in my pocket so that I could eat it when I got there. Anyway, I had wrapped it up in aluminium foil and as I was walking down the road, I thought to myself "was there a better way?".

The way I saw it was that metal conducts heat right, so if had a hot bacon butty, then much of the heat would be transferred to the metal and then lost radiated into the surroundings. However if I had my sandwich in a Tupperware container that is an insulator, then the heat would remain in the vicinity of the sandwich. Am I right? If not, which is better for containing a hot substance?

Physics news on Phys.org
Put the sandwich in the Tupperware, and then wrap that with foil to reflect the heat back to the sandwich. The best of both worlds.

If you remembered to wrap the foil with the shiny side going inside, you'd be okay for a while.

I can only imagine the surprised look on the face of that hot chick in your workplace who asked you "Is that a bacon sandwich in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" and you said "bacon sandwich, baby !"

Gokul43201 said:
If you remembered to wrap the foil with the shiny side going inside, you'd be okay for a while.

I can only imagine the surprised look on the face of that hot chick in your workplace who asked you "Is that a bacon sandwich in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" and you said "bacon sandwich, baby !"

Unfortunately I never got to use that line. I am a manager so I had to be in an hour before anyone else was there. Otherwise I would have gladly used the bacon roll to stimulate innuendo filled conversation. :approve:

1. How do I properly wrap a bacon sandwich?

The key to properly wrapping a bacon sandwich is to make sure the bacon is evenly distributed and not overlapping too much. Lay the bacon strips side by side on a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil, place the sandwich fillings in the center, and then carefully fold the bacon over the fillings, tucking in any loose ends.

2. Can I use any type of bacon for my sandwich?

Yes, you can use any type of bacon that you prefer. However, keep in mind that different types of bacon (e.g. thick-cut, turkey, etc.) may require different cooking times.

3. How do I prevent my bacon from getting soggy when wrapping the sandwich?

To prevent your bacon from getting soggy, make sure to cook it until it is crispy before wrapping the sandwich. You can also place a paper towel on top of the bacon strips while cooking to absorb excess grease.

4. Can I wrap a bacon sandwich ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can wrap a bacon sandwich ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to reheat. However, the bacon may not be as crispy when reheated, so it is best to assemble and wrap the sandwich just before eating.

5. How do I cook a bacon sandwich that has been wrapped in foil?

If you choose to wrap your bacon sandwich in foil, preheat your oven to 375°F and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. You can also cook it on a grill over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.