Solve AutoCAD Ungrouping Problem

• Thread starter IrvinShepherd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Autocad
In summary, AutoCAD may ungroup objects on its own due to nested groups or blocks, or differing properties and layers within the group. To prevent this, ensure all objects have the same properties and are on the same layer, or use the "Lock" function. When ungrouping objects, you can preserve their properties by using the "Explode" command. To regroup objects, use the "Group" command and ensure all objects have the same properties and layer. Multiple groups can be ungrouped at once using the "Ungroup" command, but this will also ungroup nested groups within the selection.
IrvinShepherd
Hi,

I am having a problem to ungroup a layout, I am trying to delet, copy or move some items, I can't! How to solve this problem!

While I click on any line or object, the rest of the layout included in that click!

Thank you,

Engineering news on Phys.org
Select all and use the Explode option.

This is not the best (or smart) way I think; but it gets the job done. Make sure to save a backup copy just in case.

1. Why does AutoCAD ungroup objects on its own?

AutoCAD may ungroup objects on its own if there are nested groups or blocks within the selected group. This can also happen if the objects were grouped with different properties or layers.

2. How can I prevent AutoCAD from ungrouping my objects?

To prevent AutoCAD from ungrouping your objects, make sure that all objects within the group have the same properties and are on the same layer. You can also use the "Lock" function to prevent accidental ungrouping.

3. Can I ungroup objects without losing their properties?

Yes, you can use the "Explode" command to ungroup objects while preserving their properties. This will break the group into individual objects.

4. How can I regroup objects after they have been ungrouped?

To regroup objects that have been ungrouped, select the individual objects and use the "Group" command. Make sure that all objects have the same properties and are on the same layer for the group to be successful.

5. Is there a way to ungroup multiple groups at once?

Yes, you can use the "Ungroup" command and select multiple groups to be ungrouped at once. Keep in mind that this will ungroup all nested groups within the selected groups as well.