Cancer Drug Scam: Don't Fall for Fake Cures!

• Thread starter Nothing000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cancer
In summary: Answer:In summary, Cancer Control® is a scam website that is selling a drug that the company claims can cure cancer. The reporter exposed the scam and said that when he called the number on the website, the lady answered the phone and said that they were still selling the product.
Nothing000
I just watched a story on fox news about a website that sells a drug that the company claims can cure cancer. Here is the website if you want to check it out:
http://cancercure.org/

If you want to see the video of fox news exposing the scam go to foxnews.com, then click on the free video button in the upper right hand corner, then click on "only on fox", then click on "fox investigates".
The reporter said that when he went into the office they hit the camera man in the head with a bar!
Anyway, I went to the site and the claims they make are just crazy. It literally says that this drug will cure cancer. I kind of felt sick to my stomach when I saw these claims they were making because some people really fall for this stuff. These are the kind of people that I think go to hell. So a judge has forced them to stop selling the product, but in the story they said that they are still selling it through the phone. So I called the number on the website, and sure enough the lady answered the phone, "CancerCure, can I help you?"!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
There is three parts to the news story. Watch all three, they are very interesting.

My favorite scam has to be Leptoprin "When is a diet pill worth $178 a bottle?" or whatever the price is. I hope no one is actually paying that kind of money for a non prescription drug that actually says in the fine print that they don't claim the stuff actually works.

Lies! Lies! The government has a cure for cancer and its just vitamin C and chewing gum! *rips his clothes off and starts running around the forum*

If you are going to be running around naked I don't want my cancer cured. Kill me now

tribdog said:
My favorite scam has to be Leptoprin "When is a diet pill worth $178 a bottle?" or whatever the price is. I hope no one is actually paying that kind of money for a non prescription drug that actually says in the fine print that they don't claim the stuff actually works.

I think that that is actually a very smart scam actually. They are following the type of gimick designer clothes do. They charge 100 dollars for a pair of jeans that cost $2.15 to make. The higher the price, the more people want them. With the leptoprin I think people (stupid people) think that man it is so damn expensive it has to be worth it (just like the add says). If they sold it for five dollars a bottle then no one would buy it.

Nothing000 said:
I think that that is actually a very smart scam actually. They are following the type of gimick designer clothes do. They charge 100 dollars for a pair of jeans that cost $2.15 to make. The higher the price, the more people want them. With the leptoprin I think people (stupid people) think that man it is so damn expensive it has to be worth it (just like the add says). If they sold it for five dollars a bottle then no one would buy it.

haha i love that commercial! The old lady goes "They're giving it away free? It must be good!" (for free trials). Or maybe that's another brand but haha, come on! I don't see Porsche handing out free cars

Yeah, that kind of stuff really is funny. And most of the people that fall for that basically deserve to get ripped off for believing that garbage. But ripping off dying cancer patients; that is just sad. Cancer patients would probably be more susceptible to these kind of false claims.

Nothing000 said:
But ripping off dying cancer patients; that is just sad. Cancer patients would probably be more susceptible to these kind of false claims.
Very sad. If you're dying, most people figure they have nothing to lose. People that take advantage of this should have special punishments. :mad:

Evo said:
Very sad. If you're dying, most people figure they have nothing to lose. People that take advantage of this should have special punishments. :mad:

Yes, I agree.

They're in Boca Raton, Florida. They don't have an address listed. I wonder why that is.

Read their FAQ - it's ridiculous!
Question: If Cancer Control® really cures cancer, why has my doctor not told me about it?
Answer: You must have a bad doctor who's primary concern is his mortgage bills that need to be paid and his kids extra lessons to help them through school. Your health is of secondary concern. Obviously, your doctor does not make as much money if you get cured quickly.
Question: What is exactly in the Cancer Control®? Are these chemicals?
Answer: No, they are not chemicals. Cancer Control® has developed an all natural process of creating certain ingredients that are similar to natural ingredients.
Of course our process of making these ingredients is secret.
Question: Does Cancer Control® cure everybody's cancer?
Answer: Yes. The only people that have not been cured or have a slow recovery or slow shrinking cancer, are the people that refuse to follow the recommended dosage. Obviously if your going to second guess your dosage and take half or a quart of the dosage the results will be slowed down.
Question: Why is the dosage high?
Answer: Because you want to get cured quickly.

String them up by their toes I say!

It cures everyone's cancer? what are they selling Death?

Well, they're web server is in fact in the US, so I see no reason why they're still online and doing business. I'm going to write an email of complaint right away. Which agency is most relevant - FDA?

Also note they're linking to another fraud site that pretends to be the FDA: www.fda-approvals.com[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to figure out whom to email - the FDA website is a tangled web of user-friendliness. Am I reporting a problem with a product?

More fraud!

The Fighting Diseases Association, Inc. is a private, non-governmental scientific, and public health oraganization that oversees the quality of both prescription and OTC mediations that account for 25 cents of every dollar spent by consumers. The Fighting Diseases Association is not affiliated with the US federal government nor any state, city or county agency.
Ha!

Question: Why is the dosage high?
Answer: Because you want to get cured quickly.

Wow...

Well, I sent a complaint to one of the FDA contact emails - they tell me they'll respond within 48 hours.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot, it's Christmas Day! More like 96 hours.

Another good fraud is "we'll send you a free sample you just pay 25 dollars shipping and handling."

Question: Can I take Cancer Control® after surgery?
Answer: Yes, that would be very wise since your body needs all the immune system boost it can get and Cancer Control® boosts your immune system. In fact, this product is developed after research for a flu cure.

How does improving an immune system (for treating the flu or whatever) have anything to do with killing cancer cells? WOW

moose said:
How does improving an immune system (for treating the flu or whatever) have anything to do with killing cancer cells? WOW

It's a scam. Their website is entirely lies and confabulations.

rachmaninoff said:
Well, I sent a complaint to one of the FDA contact emails - they tell me they'll respond within 48 hours.

edit: Oh wait, I forgot, it's Christmas Day! More like 96 hours.

And its government so more like 196 hours

They claim their cure is "secret". And then they list the active ingredients. :uhh: Anyway, here they are:
3-HYDROXY-4-TRIMETHYLAMMONIOBUTANOATE

5-CARBOXYPENTANOAMIDO-3-MERCAPTO-N-CARBOXYMETHYLPROPANOMIDE

MERCAPTOPROPANIC,CARBAMOYLBUTANOIC,METHYLTHIOBUTANOIC ACID

2, 6-DIAMINOHEXANOIC ACID

Cancer Control® has developed an all natural process of creating the above specially designed ingredients, and has specially treated these ingredients according to a secret process and special secret formula.

The last one is the amino acid lysine. I don't recognize the others - the entire third line seems like a list of foul-smelling substances?

Pengwuino said:
And its government so more like 196 hours

Yeah, probably.

rachmaninoff said:
It's a scam. Their website is entirely lies and confabulations.

I know... I was stating how stupid what they said is...

maybe they do cure cancer. the placebo effect?

I commend you rachmaninoff for contacting the FDA. I am going to do the same thing. I am sure many people are doing this same thing since this was on Fox News. If they get enough people asking about this site then they will surely take action.
Man, that FAQ is just absolutely crazy. I have never seen a scam where the scammers where lying so bluntly.
So did you guys watch those three videos on the Fox News website? They go to the office where they are taking the orders. When I called that phone number the lady that answered the phone sounded just like that lady that they talked to in the office. I think it was the same lady.
Fox said they are making amount 500,000 per month. These people need to be stopped fast.

either that, or I need to get in on it. 500.,000?

They're still here.

www.cancercure.org
www.fda-approvals.com[/URL]

It's amazing how easy it is to commit fraud in this country.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the "Cancer Drug Scam" and why should I be concerned?

The "Cancer Drug Scam" refers to fraudulent companies or individuals who claim to have a cure for cancer, often in the form of alternative treatments or supplements. These claims are not backed by scientific evidence and can be dangerous for individuals seeking a real cure for cancer.

How can I spot a fake cancer cure?

Fake cancer cures often make exaggerated claims and use emotional language to convince people to buy their products. They may also use fake testimonials or manipulate scientific data to support their claims. It is important to do research and consult with a healthcare professional before trying any treatment.

Why do people fall for these fake cures?

People may fall for these scams because they are desperate for a cure and may be willing to try anything. The fear and uncertainty surrounding cancer can also make individuals vulnerable to false promises of a cure.

Are there any legitimate alternative treatments for cancer?

While there is no scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of alternative treatments for cancer, some may help with managing symptoms and improving overall well-being. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional and use these treatments as complementary to standard medical care.

What should I do if I have been scammed by a fake cancer cure?

If you have been scammed by a fake cancer cure, report it to the Federal Trade Commission and seek help from a healthcare professional. It is important to also spread awareness about the scam to prevent others from falling for it.