MS Internet Explorer error

In summary, you can stop the Visual Basic C++ running automatically by going to the Services control panel and uninstalling any VS ones that are running.
Mike Phan
Hi,

I don't know what's wrong with my PC that when I close the last browser (IE), an error message will pop up, then the Visual Basic C++ automatically runs for the error debugging. I always use Ctrl+Alt+Del to stop it. How to stop the Visual Basic C++ running automatically? Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
I think the Visual Studio feature you'd have to turn off is called something like “automatic runtime debugging.”

I thought that too, but I couldn't find that option to turn off. Do you know exactly where? Thanks

I don't, I'm afraid, I've got a separate dev system and I never turn it off. Another option would be to try reinstalling IE, or installing and using FireFox or Opera.

Come to think of it, though - if you don't use VS all the time you could also try going to the Services control panel and making sure that any VS ones do not start automatically. I don't know if this would make it so that you'd need to start them manually when using VS, though.

Last edited:
I had that and converted to Firefox...

Actually, this is my PC at work, not my own. I can call the computer service, but I am afraid that they would ruin my PC (you can't believe :), yesy they did a lot!)
Mayday, can you tell litle more? Thanks all.

Firefox is a free internet browser that you can download. I would get your computer service in if it is free, give them IT peopel something to do...

Thanks Mayday. It is free and they are IT people. Not only me but we all "cried" for them.

Mike, if it's free make them work for their money! =]

Wait just a second… are you actually a programmer? Do you actually use Visual Studio or do you just have a programmer's old PC? If you don't need Visual Studio you can uninstall it and it should stop doing that. But be warned, depending on how fast your computer is it could easily take a half hour to uninstall.

Yes and No. I am not a programmer, but I need the Visual Studio.
Mayday, don't try your risk to make them money :) believe me.

Thank you all.

What causes "MS Internet Explorer error"?

The most common cause of this error is outdated or corrupt files within the Internet Explorer browser.

How can I fix "MS Internet Explorer error"?

There are a few steps you can take to fix this error. First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, try resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings. You can also try updating the browser to the latest version or reinstalling it altogether.

Is "MS Internet Explorer error" a virus?

No, this error is not caused by a virus. It is usually a result of software issues within the Internet Explorer browser.

Can "MS Internet Explorer error" affect my computer's performance?

Yes, if the error is not addressed, it can potentially slow down your computer's performance while using Internet Explorer. It is important to fix the error to ensure smooth browsing.

How can I prevent "MS Internet Explorer error" from happening?

To prevent this error from occurring, make sure to regularly update your Internet Explorer browser and clear the cache and cookies. It is also a good idea to use a reputable antivirus software to protect your computer from potential software issues.