Seeking method to optimization force distribution among rivet joints

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of finding the optimal placement for 3 rivet points, possibly testing with 4, in order to evenly distribute a force on them. The individual is seeking mathematical methods, specifically mentioning linear algebra and the possibility of a differential equation, to solve this problem. They are also open to suggestions of multiple methods and will respond in a few days.
Pellefant
I have a case where I am trying to find the optimal place to put 3 rivet points (I will maybe even test with 4). The rivet points r subject to a force according to the picture, which vary 360. What I am seeking here is mathematical methods to find the optimal place to put the 3 riverts, so that the force will be evenly distributed among the rivets

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3341/3rivfn0.jpg

I am well versed with linear algebra, could a differential equation be the answer?.

Feel free to suggest more then one method!

Kindly Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice Put up Questions Wud Surely get back to you in 2-3 Days.
Optimum Solution for both cases 3 rivets and 4 rivets

1. What is the purpose of optimizing force distribution among rivet joints?

Optimizing force distribution among rivet joints is important in order to ensure the strength and stability of a structure. Uneven force distribution can lead to weak points in the structure, increasing the risk of failure or collapse.

2. How can force distribution be optimized among rivet joints?

There are several methods that can be used to optimize force distribution among rivet joints. These include using finite element analysis to identify areas of high stress and adjusting the placement of rivet joints, using different sizes or types of rivets in different areas, and using computer simulations to test different force distribution scenarios.

3. Why is it important to optimize force distribution among rivet joints?

Optimizing force distribution among rivet joints is important for structural integrity and safety. Uneven force distribution can lead to excessive stress on certain joints, which can cause them to fail and compromise the entire structure.

4. What factors should be considered when seeking a method for optimizing force distribution among rivet joints?

When seeking a method for optimizing force distribution among rivet joints, some important factors to consider include the type of structure, the materials being used, the expected load and stress on the structure, and the overall design goals and constraints.

5. Are there any limitations to optimizing force distribution among rivet joints?

While there are many methods available for optimizing force distribution among rivet joints, there may be limitations depending on the specific structure and design constraints. Some methods may also be more time-consuming or costly than others. It is important to carefully evaluate all options and choose the most suitable method for each individual project.