How do I accept another for private messaging?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a person's inability to send messages, but they are able to receive them. There is a question about whether they can accept private messages on behalf of another user, but it is unclear if this is possible. The suggestion is made to check the options in the "Edit options" section to see if private messages have been turned off. The conversation ends with the person expressing gratitude and confirming that the private messages are now working.
Loren Booda
My friend is unable to send messages, other than they cannot send a message!

Physics news on Phys.org
Loren Booda said:
My friend is unable to send messages, other than they cannot send a message!

I can't decipher what you're asking.

I want to accept private messages from another user.

Loren Booda said:
I want to accept private messages from another user.
That's simple - just get the other user to send you a PM.

I suspect that what you're really asking is whether you can accept private messages on behalf of another user. Or in other words, that PMs sent to someone else would go to you. If that's it, I doubt that you can, since it defeats the idea of a private message.

The only way I can see that this would work is if you logged in using the credentials (user name, password) of that other user.

Go to "My PF" and then "Edit options" and check the options there. You might have turned off private messages.

Micromass,

Thank you. I'll see if it works.

Seems like the private messages are getting through now?

1. How do I accept a private message request from someone?

To accept a private message request from someone, go to your messaging settings and enable the option to receive messages from anyone. You will then be able to accept and receive private messages from that person.

2. Can I choose who I want to accept private messages from?

Yes, you can choose who you want to accept private messages from. In your messaging settings, you can select the option to only receive messages from your contacts or from specific people.

3. How do I know if someone has accepted my private message request?

If someone has accepted your private message request, you will receive a notification or a message from them. You can also check your messaging settings to see if the person has been added to your list of contacts.

4. Can I change my mind and reject a private message request?

Yes, you can change your mind and reject a private message request. You can do this by going to your messaging settings and disabling the option to receive messages from that person.

5. Is there a limit to the number of private message requests I can accept?

No, there is no limit to the number of private message requests you can accept. However, it is important to only accept messages from people you know and trust to protect your privacy and safety.