Requesting E&M reading material suggestions

In summary, there are various resources for finding E&M reading material, including academic journals, textbooks, and online databases. To determine its relevance to your research, consider the author's credentials, publication date, and content, and consult with experts or read reviews. Some recommended must-reads include "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths and "Classical Electrodynamics" by John David Jackson. If you don't have access to a university library, you can still access materials through online databases, open-access journals and repositories, or by purchasing individual articles or books. Online resources for finding E&M reading materials include Google Scholar, arXiv, and ResearchGate.
thelonious
Hi, I'm looking for some additional reading material while preparing for an E&M course. I'm going through Jackson and Griffiths, and I'd like to read a few scientific papers that will be good "E&M exercises." Anybody have papers in mind? Any suggestions for an intro to plasma containment?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi thelonious,

(Nice jazzy name). Bo Thide has a nice, comprehensive book on advanced EM available with an accompanying book of exercises. There might be some basics on Plasma physics there too.

http://www.plasma.uu.se/CED/Book

1. What are the best resources for finding E&M reading material?

There are a variety of resources available for finding E&M reading material. Some popular options include academic journals, textbooks, and online databases. It's also helpful to ask for recommendations from colleagues or consult with a librarian for additional suggestions.

2. How do I know if a particular reading material is relevant to my research in E&M?

To determine if a reading material is relevant to your research in E&M, consider the author's credentials, the publication date, and the content of the material. Additionally, you can consult with experts in the field or read reviews of the material to get a better understanding of its relevance to your research.

3. Are there any specific reading materials that are considered must-reads for understanding E&M?

There are many important reading materials in the field of E&M, and the specific ones that are considered "must-reads" may vary depending on your research interests and goals. However, some commonly recommended resources include "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David J. Griffiths and "Classical Electrodynamics" by John David Jackson.

4. How can I access E&M reading materials if I don't have access to a university library?

If you don't have access to a university library, there are several options for accessing E&M reading materials. Many online databases offer free access to a limited number of articles, and there are also open-access journals and repositories that provide free access to research materials. Additionally, you can consider purchasing individual articles or books if they are not available through other means.

5. Can you suggest any online resources for finding E&M reading material?

Yes, there are many online resources available for finding E&M reading material. Some popular options include Google Scholar, arXiv, and ResearchGate. Additionally, many universities and academic organizations have their own online databases and repositories that can be accessed for free.