NaCl Viscosity in Solution - Get the Value Now!

• Thread starter tyutyu fait le train
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Viscosity
In summary, the viscosity of a solution of NaCl is dependent on the concentration and temperature of the solution, but at a concentration of 0.1 mol/L and a temperature of 25°C, the viscosity is expected to be similar to that of distilled water at standard conditions. It is possible to find more accurate values in references such as the Handbook of electrolyte solutions or Handbook of electrochemical constants.
tyutyu fait le train
Viscosity of a solution of NACl

Hi!

Who could give me the correct value of NaCl's viscosity (in solution)?

Thanks!

Regards,

tyutyu

Engineering news on Phys.org
Look in your library for either of the following :

Handbook of electrolyte solutions. V.M.M. Lobo. Elsevier, 1989. 2 vols.

Handbook of electrochemical constants. R. Parsons. Butterworths Scientific, 1960.

In general, the viscosity is a function of temperature and concentration.

I'm leaving this open. Tyutyu, do not post multiple copies of the same post - it is considered spam.

Who could give me the correct value of NaCl's viscosity (in solution)?

Wouldn't it depend on the concentration and temperature of the solution?

Yes of course...in "standard" conditions it would be ok for me.

Temperature: 298F (or 25 °C)
Concetration: 0.1 mol/L

Thanks

tyutyu

Sorry, I don't know myself. I don't know much about chemistry.

Ok Daminc lol!

Does somebody know the value that I am searching? It is applied to process numerical simulation so I nedd a correct value and not an approximation.

The problem is that I don't have the possibility to check in the books mentionned by Gokul...

Thanks.

BR

tyutyu

For whatever it's worth : at a concentration of 0.1M, the mole fraction is 0.1/55 or less than 0.2%. I do not expect the viscosity to be off by more than 0.5% from that of distilled water at NTP. Do you need a better accuracy than that, really ?

1. What is NaCl viscosity in solution?

NaCl viscosity in solution refers to the measure of the resistance of NaCl (sodium chloride) molecules to flow in a liquid solution. It is a measure of how thick or thin the solution is and is affected by factors such as temperature, concentration, and molecular interactions.

2. Why is it important to know the NaCl viscosity in solution?

Knowing the NaCl viscosity in solution is important in various fields such as chemistry, biology, and engineering. It can help determine the behavior of solutions in different conditions, aid in the design of processes and equipment, and provide insights into the properties and interactions of molecules.

3. How is the value of NaCl viscosity in solution determined?

The value of NaCl viscosity in solution can be determined through experimental methods, such as using a viscometer to measure the flow of the solution, or through mathematical models based on the concentration and temperature of the solution. There are also databases and tables available that provide estimated values of NaCl viscosity in solution.

4. What factors affect the NaCl viscosity in solution?

The viscosity of NaCl in solution is affected by several factors, including the concentration of NaCl, temperature, and the presence of other solutes or molecules. Changes in these factors can alter the interactions between the NaCl molecules and affect the flow of the solution.

5. How can I use the value of NaCl viscosity in solution in my research or work?

The value of NaCl viscosity in solution can be used in various ways, depending on your field of study or work. It can help in the design and optimization of processes, aid in the understanding of molecular interactions, and provide insights into the behavior of solutions in different conditions. It is important to ensure that the value used is appropriate for the specific conditions and concentration of the solution being studied.